cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal memory of the Samsung Galaxy Ace

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Galaxy keeps telling me that I am low on internal memory (down to my last 20mb). Apart from Facebook the other apps don't amount to much. Is this normal for this model?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Even with an SD card in the internal cache will still fill up quickly as the apps always cache to the phone, not the SD card. Obviously you will be able to have more apps on the SD card but you still need to clear the internal cache on a regular basis. Apps2sd is an app that will help with this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devankit.mapps2sd&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGw...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your best bet would be to clear the partition cache. Lots of apps store info on the phone so clearing it periodically will help.

Hold down the volume up, the home button and the on/off button until you get the Samsung splash screen then release the buttons. The Android widget will appear. Use the volume button to scroll down to clear cache and then press the on/off button to action this.

The script will then automatically go to reboot system, again press the on/off switch. That should clear space for you.

You won't lose any data or settings clearing the cache.

Alternatively, go into settings>>applications and open up each app you have and clear the cache on each individual app. You will be surprised how much space Facebook hogs.

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this normal for this model?
Yes, it is typical of any phone with only a small amount of internal memory. These cheap end phones are really only intended for light usage. Anyone who wants to be utilising a smartphone to its full potential should look at spending more on a phone with at least 8gb of internal storage and 1gb of RAM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you could just put in a micro sd card

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Even with an SD card in the internal cache will still fill up quickly as the apps always cache to the phone, not the SD card. Obviously you will be able to have more apps on the SD card but you still need to clear the internal cache on a regular basis. Apps2sd is an app that will help with this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devankit.mapps2sd&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGw...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou everyone for your advice. Will get on it right away.
Message 6 of 13

Anubis
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Found a link for another app that might be useful https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devankit.cachecleaner

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
apps2sd includes a cache cleaner wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done lots of reading and there is so much information, but after all that, not
being technically minded I didn't feel confident myself so I sent my phone to a guy on
ebay who Unlocked, Rooted, Installed a better ROM (Looks like Jellybean on the Galaxy S2)
and fixed my low memory issues using appstosd, reasonable value as well, Regards, Mike

Message 9 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Flagged, you can't advertise here sorry.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 13