cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS on Xperia GO available as OTA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bought my partner the Xperia GO for Christmas and was under the impression that the ICS update was already out on O2? The phone does not show any new software available, do we have to use the companion software to update via cable?

Also I believe I did see a thread somewhere on the internet confirming JB would be made available for the GO, can anyone confirm this although I believe its someway off?

many thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony issue major updates* via their PCCompanion software and require a USB connection - only minor revisions to the already installed version are notified and issued OTA.   Sony will no longer inform owners voa their forums when major updates are available so you'll have no choice but to keep connecting just in case - except to browse third-party sites for information.

*Just because Sony say they've issued an update doesn't mean you'll ever get it - there are entire countries waiting for ICS on some Xperias - including the UK.  Sony have now removed all reference to the update schedule for 2011 Xperias from their forums and banned forum members who criticised them over the fiasco.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony issue major updates* via their PCCompanion software and require a USB connection - only minor revisions to the already installed version are notified and issued OTA.   Sony will no longer inform owners voa their forums when major updates are available so you'll have no choice but to keep connecting just in case - except to browse third-party sites for information.

*Just because Sony say they've issued an update doesn't mean you'll ever get it - there are entire countries waiting for ICS on some Xperias - including the UK.  Sony have now removed all reference to the update schedule for 2011 Xperias from their forums and banned forum members who criticised them over the fiasco.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Guys, I will look for the software to download and try that. Girlfriend has just about got used to GB but she will surely enjoy the ICS more.

Message 4 of 4