cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't update or install any apps on my samsung galaxy ace...HELP!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. My phone does not give me the option to save on my memory card so its say "not enough internal memory, delete unused apps" I would if I had any!!! I've contacted o2 about 5 times, but they have been no help, they just tell me to backup & restore my phone to factory settings which has been done three times. I am paying £27.00 per month for a phone i can't use properly. I have two games which freeze all the time & i have to keep uninstalling, the weather & a couple of other apps I can't even install facebook (not enough memory) I might aswell have a cheap basic phone, cos all i can do is txt & ring... i have had this phone for two years this september, when thankfully the contract is over & i certainly will not be renewing with o2 whom I have been with for over 10 years & never missed a payment. They are happy to take your money but just fob you off when your phone does'nt work properly....Rant over....HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my internal device memory is only 190MB, but I should still have the option to save to sd card. So theres definately a fault on the phone, but all o2 want to do is reset it & send it me back with the same fault. Very frustrating & I don't think I would get a tenner for this phone, I could'nt even give it away. haha.. & I would still have to pay the contract, but it is an option i suppose. thanks.

I know updates are not a fault, but I should be able to update the apps I want to use.

Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The option to save to SD is only available with the 4.3 update so it isn't a fault as such. Truth is that the phone is bottom end of the smartphone range and you need to upgrade to a more suitable phone I'm afraid.
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, my internal device memory is only 190MB, but I should still have the option to save to sd card. So theres definately a fault on the phone, but all o2 want to do is reset it & send it me back with the same fault. Very frustrating & I don't think I would get a tenner for this phone, I could'nt even give it away. haha.. & I would still have to pay the contract, but it is an option i suppose. thanks.

I know updates are not a fault, but I should be able to update the apps I want to use.

Hi,

Possibly look at CEX on the High-Street.

Google for their homepage and put in your phones name in its search bar.

They give different prices depending on if its locked to o2 or unlocked and its condition etc.

They give more if you trade in to buy something from them such as another phone.

You do need to be a member to sell but their is no membership fee and i.d such as a drivers licence or passport is enough.

Or you could look at o2 recycle  http://www.o2recycle.co.uk/?gclid=CLm0vvPkxLwCFSYTwwodkwoAwQ ,or one of the online recycle companies.

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, have EXACTLY the same problem. The only App I can run is BBC news which sits on the SD card. Ages ago I deleted Youtube but I now have it back and cannot get rid of it. If I get rid of "Google Play Services" I clear enough memory for updates to happen. HOWEVER, when I go to download a new App from Playstore it fails and tells me that it will not work without Play Services. If I restore Play Services I cannot download any Apps as I don't have enough memory. I also have reset my phone to factory settings.

This is a combination of inadequate memory on the ACE and Google introducing memory swallowing programs, all designed to make us upgrade our phones. My SD card is virtually empty. It is not really O2's fault, but they should have come clean on this problem.

So Catch 22. I hate Google with a vengance but I am tied in if I want Android.

Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144814 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So Catch 22. I hate Google with a vengance but I am tied in if I want Android.

Just root and remove all the bloat.... That's the beauty of Android, you can do exactly as you wish.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15