cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Anonymous
Not applicable
Woah! I guess your certification must have always been US and Canada. Us with Serbian certification have to wait longer! (How on earth do we have these models direct from O2?)
Message 191 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I dont understand this, I bought my phone from a O2 shop and the build number is b182, so why is this a open market phone? I didnt buy it from cpw or off the internet, also the certification says Serbia.

I am angry at O2, I dont believe I got a genuine uk O2 phone, I am stuck with EMUI 4.1.1 and android 6.0.

My contract ends in June and I will have had this phone for 2 years, I will not be staying with O2 and I wont be getting another Huawei.

O2 sort it out, listen to your customers, they are not happy.

Message 192 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
No update for me yet either. Promised multiple times by Huawei saying it's still rolling out but it's pathetic.

Huawei, I hope you're reading this because you suck *thumbs up*. Looking forward to upgrading to a manufacturer that is capable of updating its open market flagship phones.
Message 193 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nor me.  I emailed them last week and can't be bothered to even reply to emails now.

Message 194 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got so fed up with waiting and being fobbed off by Huawei that I downloaded B383 via firmware finder and it all works with h no issues
Message 195 of 218

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was it just the one download. B383, as I have seen places where you have download two updates... B383 and update_data_full_hw_eu.zip. Also, there's a C432B322 version, which is apparently Nougat as well.  confused

Message 196 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

All very interesting, I'm just prodding to see if anyone yet got an update?
I feel bitter toward Huawei, and definitely won't be buying or recommending anything of thiers in the future. I bought my p9 in Nov 16, and was told, it's ready for the next update due early 17. However, still nothing. Huawei say that updates are rolled out ramdoly according to the eimi.
It would be have way better if they could at least host the soon to be outdated software, on thier website for us to download, but I guess that's to much like hard work. Having know this would be the case before I purchased, I wouldnt havade THIS purchase.

Message 197 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

I must say I won't be renewing any contract with o2. No update whatsoever, handset is set as Serbia (can only assume they got these at a better price). No support or follow up action to help customers. I have purchased a xiaomi mi a1 and that phone has already had 3 updates and has Oreo (not bad for £180ish) and paired it with a fantastic virgin sim offer. My p9 has just made me realize that o2 only want the money. Customer satisfaction isn't in their interest.

Message 198 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
One download that contained two files, the full zip and an update too.
Message 199 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a Pixel 2 during the sale at CPW and popped my sim in it. Goodbye Huawei, won't be seeing you again!

Message 200 of 218