cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on this @Chris_K?

Message 81 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iam using a custom ROM, based on the latest Nougat build, and excellent. However, i wont extend my cotract anymore.
Message 82 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

What ROM are you usig please?

Message 83 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to say that I am disappointed in the software support for the P9. No Android 7 yet and we're rapidly approaching July. Also being stuck on a September 2016 security patch isn't overly impressive. Please give us an answer either way, but not updating a flagship phone from 2016 to the next OS version really isn't good enough. Thanks.
Message 84 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck on a September 2016 security patch is absolutely poor, as is not rolling the update out for a flagship phone which is only a year old, although I can take that a bit lighter than the security patch.

There are two parties involved here, and both are as culpable as each other.

It's incredibly poor customer service from both Huawei and O2, with both missing the point of 'the customer is key' and blaming each other rather than finding a solution.

I 've been with o2 for several years, this is my first Huawei phone - great phone but with no support it will definitely be my last, and I can assure o2 that i am contemplating moving across to one of the many other service providers who are offering me some great deals.

Message 85 of 218

Wards5150
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
C40B341 has been released by Huawei. Not official yet but maybe we should see an update soon. C'mon O2 pull your finger out.
Message 86 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Stuck on a September 2016 security patch is absolutely poor, as is not rolling the update out for a flagship phone which is only a year old, although I can take that a bit lighter than the security patch.

There are two parties involved here, and both are as culpable as each other.

It's incredibly poor customer service from both Huawei and O2, with both missing the point of 'the customer is key' and blaming each other rather than finding a solution.

I 've been with o2 for several years, this is my first Huawei phone - great phone but with no support it will definitely be my last, and I can assure o2 that i am contemplating moving across to one of the many other service providers who are offering me some great deals.

When asked about the update, Donna on HUAWEI UK Chat apologised for the delay & gave the following statement:

"We do not have an official date for the O2 customized version, but we are currently working on updating all the P9 devices."

How sad that O2 cant push them to get the update out... The rest of the world has it and I believe some networks in the UK (Voda) have had it for several months.

Thanks O2 for fighting for your loyal customers!!! NOT!!!!!

Message 87 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've been watching this thread but not posting in it. I also have a Huawei P9 and I am eagerly waiting for the Nougat Update too. I spoke to somebody at O2 on live chat only an hour or so ago and they said this "I would like to inform you that Nougat version will be there by the end of this month of by the August." Not perfect English from this guy at O2 but I think I can make out what he's trying to say... We should get it in the next couple of months! Hope this helps you guys
Message 88 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Bless you for believing what live chat tell you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 89 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this @Chris_K? It's been out for almost a year now (when the P9 was still a "flagship device")!

Message 90 of 218