cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

TeeEmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When are we going to get on Noughat? The rest of the world has been on it since December! We are 2 or three updates behind!

Message 11 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hardly the rest of the world! but your official answer has already been posted here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Huawei-p9-nougat-update/m-p/1036574#M...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I appreciate you getting back to us on this but can you tell me what the hold up is? As far as I can tell O2 have not made any modifications to the stock rom provided by Huawei so surely it should just be a case of saying yes the update can be released? These kind of seemingly unnecessary delays (please correct me if im wrong) are the kind of things that make people choose different networks.

Thanks,

Bob

Message 13 of 218

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only @Chris_K can answer that Bob.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too uwas under the impression that our P9s were European wide models... Yet a lot of european countries have had android 7 for weeks!

I dont know why the UK always lags behind, Its so frustrating & infuriating!!!

A webchat with Huawei says it will be soon but cant give an exact date. They also said that some users in the UK already had it and its being released in batches! Knowing my luck I'll be in the last batch or worse still not in any BATCH!

Android Updates are always an issue... Dribs and drabs here there and everywhere even for the SAME phone! 

Thats one thing that I admire Apple for... Everyone gets the latest iOS software at the same TIME!!!!!

Come on O2.... Release the update.

Message 15 of 218

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If O2 have received the update for approval and sent it back then it's down to Huawei to release it.

Message 16 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Anybody received an update or any further news?Help

Message 17 of 218

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No updates from O2 as yet.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I emailed Huawei, They first asked me for an IMEI number and then responded with:

Thank you for Contacting Huawei Customer Services.

Your device has O2 custom firmware on it. This means that until O2 releases their customised version of EMUI 5.x, no update will be released to your device.
 As it is a third party developing the customisations, it is not something we have a timeline for.

I am sorry we cannot be of more help in this issue. I do hope you have a great weekend though!
 Best Regards, Hank
Huawei Customer Care Team.

So those of us with O2 devices are at their mercy!

Message 19 of 218

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TeeEmm wrote:

So those of us with O2 devices are at their mercy!

Same for any phone on network customised firmware I'm afraid.

It's always down to how fast the networks react to updates.

Any more news @Chris_K ?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 218