Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei mate 20pri

Paulbb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anybody know when the security updates are out for the mate 20Pro,im stuck on June's still and were nearly into Sept,and there is no OTA update neither, contacted huawei and they can't even be bothered to reply, when this contracts up, I think I'll be going back to Samsung.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in me responding - unfortunately I've had a lot on this week so just trying to catch-up a bit. With regards to the Mate 20 Pro, our device team look to approve security updates with a quick turnaround, and we have specifically approved quite a few security updates from Huawei and Honor in recent weeks.

To clarify, Huawei are sending us security updates as normal (like they have been for months/years) and we're approving these with a quick turnaround, but from there on out - it's Huawei that schedule and push the update. We've more info on security updates and updated in general right here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris_K ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Paulbb
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Chris_k any idea mate,
Message 3 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @Paulbb
Welcome to the o2 community forum 😁
We were wondering the same thing but an earlier post here, mentioned it was postponed.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 9

Paulbb
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Talltrees, iv esculated with huawei UK, they are also looking into it aswell, its pretty poor backup by huawei, good phone but I doubt il be having another one tho
Message 5 of 9

Paulbb
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for coming back to us.

Relating to this matter, please note that I have checked and a request has been made on your name by one of my colleagues. However, it might be that due to the large number of updates that need to be sent, our Development team has not yet reached your request. However, I have created a follow up, and we hope that the security patch will be sent to you phone as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This is the reply back from Huawei UK this morning.
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've just got the 9.1.0.229 July security update for the Honor 20 which is O2 branded so it should be available soon.

Message 7 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Paulbb
As @jonsie got an update maybe you'll get one shortly, hope so😁

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in me responding - unfortunately I've had a lot on this week so just trying to catch-up a bit. With regards to the Mate 20 Pro, our device team look to approve security updates with a quick turnaround, and we have specifically approved quite a few security updates from Huawei and Honor in recent weeks.

To clarify, Huawei are sending us security updates as normal (like they have been for months/years) and we're approving these with a quick turnaround, but from there on out - it's Huawei that schedule and push the update. We've more info on security updates and updated in general right here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 9 of 9