Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 lite pie uofate

AJJ81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

Does anybody know if O2 are planning to release Pie for the P20 lite?
I believe Huawei are going to support this (but could be wrong as guidance has been a bit unclear)

Thanks

A
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@AJJ81 wrote:
I believe Huawei are going to support this (but could be wrong as guidance has been a bit unclear)

Hi, AJ

When it comes to updates, we only test and approve updates for O2 devices - this involves the vendor (in this case Huawei) sending us the software to test, us testing and approving, returning it to them, and them then releasing it to customers. [More on our update process and Q&A here]

In the case of the Huawei P20 Lite, we never ranged this device directly so I can only assume your phone was purchased via the likes of Carphone Warehouse or other third party supplier - these aren't devices we typically test or approve updates for, as the update usually comes directly from Huawei themselves without any intervention from us.

Looking at a tweet from the @HuaweiIndia Twitter account, it looks like they're evaluating the performance of Pie on the P20 Lite, as Pie requires higher hardware specs for optimal performance, so depending on Huawei's testing and analysis, it's possible Pie may never arrive - and if it does, there's no ETA or timescale available.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K might know

Message 2 of 4

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@AJJ81 wrote:

Hi, AJ

When it comes to updates, we only test and approve updates for O2 devices - this involves the vendor (in this case Huawei) sending us the software to test, us testing and approving, returning it to them, and them then releasing it to customers. [More on our update process and Q&A here]

In the case of the Huawei P20 Lite, we never ranged this device directly so I can only assume your phone was purchased via the likes of Carphone Warehouse or other third party supplier - these aren't devices we typically test or approve updates for, as the update usually comes directly from Huawei themselves without any intervention from us.

Looking at a tweet from the @HuaweiIndia Twitter account, it looks like they're evaluating the performance of Pie on the P20 Lite, as Pie requires higher hardware specs for optimal performance, so depending on Huawei's testing and analysis, it's possible Pie may never arrive - and if it does, there's no ETA or timescale available.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 4

AJJ81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the clarity. Is there a way to check where my update settings are pointing too? I've not had a release for some time which I think means I might need a setting change?
Message 4 of 4