cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro; no wifi calling - do I need to activate it from my O2? If so, how?

yet_another_one
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an unlocked Huawei P20 Pro. It is listed as being compatible with O2's wifi calling here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling and does not have the asterisk which means the phone must run O2 firmware (mine doesn't, I bought it unlocked, not from O2).

However, no option for "wifi calling" appears in phone -> settings (this is where it appears with a Vodafone sim).

The O2 website says you need to add wifi calling to your device

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/samsung/galaxy-s10-plus/topic/settings...

Make sure you add Wi-Fi calling to your O2 account

To do this, sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account.

But how do you do it? I cannot find this option anywhere. I have tried both in the app and accessing my O2 from a PC browser.

If I go to my O2, I see my number and name on the left, but no option to "add the wifi calling service" to my account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@yet_another_one You will have to call customer service to get them to enable it on your account.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Other posts have indicated that 0800 587 4005 is the best number to try.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

yet_another_one
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can you please help me understand? Once I manage to speak to customer service and they add it to my account, should the option appear on my phone automatically, or do I still have to log in my O2 and somehow activate it from there, too? If so, how? Thanks!
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@yet_another_one I don't use WiFi calling but I would think that once customer service enables it on your account you will have to reboot your phone and it will show in your settings.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @yet_another_one did you manage to set up the wifi calls? Or are you still having issues with this query?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5