Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 Oreo Update

GClisby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I was hoping to get some indication of when the Huawei P10 will receive the Android Oreo Update? I have noticed that other network carriers have rolled this update out to P10 handsets on their network - but i am still not seeing any update from O2.

When i have contacted O2 about this, they have previously mentioned that they are awaiting the update from Huawei - however last month i emailed Huawei support which checked my IMEI and stated that the Oreo update was launched and that i should receive the update last month.

Since purchasing this handset in October 2017 there has been no updates rolled out to my handset which is operating on firmware released in Feb 2017 with security patches almost 18 months out of date!!

Can any other P10 users provide any indication if their handset has received this update as yet? Or can someone from the O2 support team look into this and provide a response?

Thanks

G

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Chris_K is the O2 man in the know.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K - do you happen to have any information on this?

Thanks

G

Message 3 of 30

Jb
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in exactly the same boat. I have also contacted o2 and huawei about this and the response is very poor. My friend got the oreo update back in april!!! They're on Vodafone. Very poor support from O2. Honestly thinking about switching to another carrier as this shouldn't happen. 

Message 4 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have as of today been advised by O2 that the Androind 8.0 Oreo update will be rolled out to the Huawei P10 on 20th August 2018.

Will wait and see.

Message 5 of 30

davea1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you know if this included the P10 Plus?

Message 6 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Whelp, looks like they weren't totally honest about that one, again. seems they've nothing but contempt for their customers when they don't get the most expensive and latest phones.
Message 7 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From tonight (20/08) - webchat

Mike, I have checked about this and I'm sorry but there is no update regarding the firmware update of your phone Huawei P10 - Yatish, O2 Guru

Message 8 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Perhaps @Chris_K can confirm one way or the other. Live chat are notorious for singing from different hymn sheets.

Message 9 of 30

Joegoron
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Bought last year as a black friday deal with mediapad tablet. Since then the tablet received four security patches, but p10 still nothing. Asked them four times via live chat, but only replied: 'soon'.
Message 10 of 30