cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase ring time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even after O2 customer service told to me to input **61*901*11*30# to increase ring time to 30 seconds before voicemail kicks in, and press call on my Samsung Galaxy S7, it did not work. A message states " connection problem or invalid MMI code". Please help. Thanks Keith

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

The technical team have been trying to find a general motive or cause for the issue, but it looks like the problem is complex, so please, if you are having issues with setting up or amending call diverts you need to call customer services so they can complete fault diagnostics and raise a case for it to be investigated, if needed. This isn’t something we can really do via the Community I’m afraid.

Talk to a guru and they should be able to help you! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You are the second person tonight https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Can-t-change-voicemail-number-on-Gala...
It may be an o2 network issue ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, @jonsie and @MI5, thanks for letting us know Fantastic 

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. We’ll look into the matter right now and post any updates as we get them. Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 24

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

The technical team have been trying to find a general motive or cause for the issue, but it looks like the problem is complex, so please, if you are having issues with setting up or amending call diverts you need to call customer services so they can complete fault diagnostics and raise a case for it to be investigated, if needed. This isn’t something we can really do via the Community I’m afraid.

Talk to a guru and they should be able to help you! 

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently having the same issue with trying to increase the amount of time to the maximum of 30 seconds (currently 'defaulted' at 20 seconds) before my incoming calls divert to Voicemail. It's been nearly 8 months since the last post in relation to this matter here . . . has any solution been arrived at yet please? Surely it can't be that 'complex' that a major provider like O2 hasn't solved it yet.

Message 6 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousWe can only advise you to follow the advice above from @MercedesS. We have no further information to give.

I suppose you have read these help links?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/m-p/362784#U362784

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff,

Thanks for that, and I had indeed read the two help links that you kindly included . . . 'guess I'm just stuck with the 20 seconds/switching it on and off options along with everyone else then. It seems pretty unacceptable that O2 can't solve such a basic issue though, but "hey ho!"

wink

Cheers!

Message 8 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Cleoriff,

Thanks for that, and I had indeed read the two help links that you kindly included . . . 'guess I'm just stuck with the 20 seconds/switching it on and off options along with everyone else then. It seems pretty unacceptable that O2 can't solve such a basic issue though, but "hey ho!"

wink

Cheers!

Just maybe you could try changing your ring tone and then try a reset of the ring tone length.

Text: “reset” or “RESET” to 802901.to reset your voicemail which may also sort out the availability of 30 seconds after  but you will lose any stored voicemails.

You will then receive a text back which has a random 5 digit number. Then dial 901 – where you will be asked to enter the random 5 digit number from the text.

You'll then be asked to enter a new PIN. Anything between 4 and 10 digits can be used except for 8705.

I'm clutching at straws here....

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Increase by.    **61*901*11*30#

Message 10 of 24