cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on barring incoming calls?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I turn on barring incoming calls? As I want to block 'private number' calls on my HTC One and it keeps asking me for a code
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

On some phones they now have settings to bar calls and texts as long as you know the number.

As far as I'm aware you cannot bar withheld calls through O2 Customer Services.
Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
It's likely asking for your default pin which is 0000
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know the htc myself but based on Android and my note 3 I go to:

Settings
Device
Call
Call rejection
Auto Reject List
Unknown (put a tick in)

It doesn't ask for a code and should put unknown calls into your voicemail. One thing I don't know is whether unknown is the same as withheld? I.e. If someone calls you from a number that is not stored in your phone would that be classed as unknown. I don't know so just mentioning it.

Hope that helps
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Unknown is any call without a number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @MI5 for confirming. Most helpful for both the OP and others reading this later.
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
No worries mate slight_smile
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers guys, on the HTC One I can't even seem able to block Unknown calls.

Think I might be stuck with the annoy marketing calls
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am assuming your htc is an android phone and not the windows phone? If it is android have you tried following the process (might be slightly different in htc to Samsung) to block these calls?
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://appslova.com/how-to-block-calls-in-android-phones/

Further guidance on blocking numbers on htc one available at this link.
Message 10 of 18