Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot - Network Security Key

rmdsmee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've posted the same on a Samsung forum asking the same... https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/hotspot-network-security-key/td-p/6818776

So, I want to use my S21 as a hotspot for my laptop. With both Bluetooth and USB connection, when I select my phone from my laptop list of networks, it asks me for a Network Security Key (NSK). I have no idea what that is, it's nothing I can find on my phone, and genuinely NO-ONE seems to know the answer.

It is NOT my home wi-fi password and it is NOT the password in Hotspot settings. As I say, it is asking for a NSK and it seems impossible to find an answer.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@rmdsmee 

A network security key is just another way of saying wireless password.

It should be the password presented to you when you turn on your hotpot.

If you are entering this correctly and not confusing 0 and o or i and l etc, then try clearing the cache from your hotspot settings or try to generate a new password.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@rmdsmee 

Have a look at these instructions, as it will be the laptop, and Windows getting its knickers in a twist..

1. Right click the wireless sign in the Task bar, then select Open network and Sharing Center.
2. Select Set up a new connection or network below Change your networking settings.
3. Chose a connection option, choose Manually connect to a wireless networkconnect to a hidden network or create a new wireless profile and click Next.
4. Net work name: The same network name that you have.
Security type: Choose WPA2-personal
Encryption type: Choose AES
Security key: Enter the same password that you always use.
Tick the box : Start this connection automatically.
5. Click Next.
6. Go back to Connect wireless pane, select your network name and enter the same password.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@rmdsmee were you able to get this worked out?

Message 4 of 4