cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we Go again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samsung has just released an update for the Note 2 (and other phones) so they can now work with Galaxy Gear. O2 is there any chance you can inform your customers as to when you are going to update these phones so they can use their phones with the galaxy gear devices or are just going to say sorry we don't have an info on this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are all customers here too.

Perhaps @Toby who is O2 site staff can help you.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Samsung has just released an update for the Note 2 (and other phones) so they can now work with Galaxy Gear. O2 is there any chance you can inform your customers as to when you are going to update these phones so they can use their phones with the galaxy gear devices or are just going to say sorry we don't have an info on this?

Hi Mate

Long time no see - Must be due a firmware update wink

I'm sure Toby will do his best with an answer, but as you know - Don't hold your breath slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not de-brand it, then get the updates when they hit the generic builds?

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5,

That's not nice must be due an upate so I'm back on the forum :smileysad::smileysad:

There again you know me to well but is worth asking as it will be a waste of time getting a Galaxy Gear and then not being able to use it due to o2 not being on the ball.

Yes it's easy to say unbrand a phone et al but the best way when you look at things it's best to buy a Nexus device but if you don't like them well you are stuck due to the time it takes carriers to update their own phone firmware.

I would not buy a Galaxy Gear device but having won 1 in a price draw it would be nice to be able to use it in a good time line 

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you misunderstood what I meant.  I don't mean load a ROM on which is pure-google etc.  I mean de-brand, which is the process of loading the generic software onto the device, without the carrier branding etc...

Doing this means you do not have to wait for the carrier to receive>customise>test>release, you simply receive the OTA from the manufacturer, the same as sim free handsets do.

Now I am not sure where this leaves you with O2's warraty - but I wouldn't expect it to cause an issue - I have always done this where available if I haven't bought the handset sim free.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I do wonder how much focus O2 will give to a device like the Note 2 now, considering all that has come since it was launched...
ps. Just kidding earlier, iechyd da
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5,

Diolch yn fawr and I know you was joking lol you have to have fun on a forum or it will be no good, a good bit of banter a day keeps all ills away lol.

1980b,

I tried to root a tab once and nearly messed it up so I don't think I be doing that again lol, So my main point still remains about o2 and this update. Yes or No Toby????

iechyd da

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You're welcome wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Paul,

This update is still being worked on and I'll hopefully have some more info for you soon.

Sorry for the delay!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 11