cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, hope someone can help?!

My samsung galaxy s2 has literally just stopped switching on. There is no water damage, or any other damage for that matter (that I'm aware of!), I was simply charging it and it completely froze, then switched itself off and now won't switch back on.

Any ideas on whats happened to it and how I might be able to fix it??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know anyone with an S2?

The first thing I would try was another battery. That would indicate where the problem is i.e. phone or battery.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I don't know anyone else to check battery with unfortunately, that's one thing I have been thinking of trying. But if I try to switch the phone on, my phone gets hotter and hotter, so there's obviously power cos it's trying to do something!
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to do a hard reset, or a factory reset which involves holding down certain keys when you switch it on.

I've done one on mine, and it cleared the problem, as my Touch Wiz had ceased to function.

If you do a factory reset you will basically get the phone back to how it was when you bought it, so if you haven't backed up, you're going to lose all your contacts etc.

I'm sure one the experts here will tell you which reset you should try first, and which buttons to press.

I'm a bit of a noob at smartphones, so I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.
Message 4 of 10

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi catew.

Sorry to hear about your phone.

Have you tried removing the battery first of all?

Does the charger work with another phone?

Have you tried another wall socket?

You could try a hard reset, but if there is no light or sound from the device then it is a long shot.

To do the reset:

• Remove your battery.

• Leave for 30 seconds.

• Replace battery.

(this is where it gets trickly)

• Hold the volume up button + The Home button.

• Press and hold the power button.

• When / If the phone lights up and shows the Galaxy logo let go of the power button only.

• As soon as you see a text only menu let go of the other buttons.

From here you could try and just "reboot" the phone, if that fails, go back to the first step and this time try "Factory Reset".

If you still can not get it to work, either give customer services a ring or pop into your local O2 Store.

Hope you get it sorted.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sounds like the bootloader has crashed. Phone will need re flashing. Search out your firmware and download from here www.sammobile.com The download should include a package called Odin which is the flash programme. Its as easy as connecting your phone in download mode to Odin and pressing "Start".
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all your suggestions, I've tried them all and still nothing.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for all your suggestions, I've tried them all and still nothing.
Really - Odin did not recover your phone ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 have sent it for repair for me, I couldn't think of anything else to try. Thanks though.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I couldn't think of anything else to try.

ODIN !!!!!!

Smiley Surprised

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10