cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, phone suddenly shut down and won't charge, no way to ring for medical help if I need it

NorthernRealm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today my Huawei PSmart just suddenly shut down for no reason and now it won't charge. I only got it in June 2019 from the Carphone Warehouse and it's on a contract with O2.

Do O2 have an email address I can contact them on? 

I've checked the repair page and could send it off for repair, but it doesn't actually say how or where. It frequently mentions going into the stores which are now closed. The help pages just send me round in circles and don't answer any of my questions. I don't have a phone to ring them on, so I'm not sure what to do. I do have an old phone I've just charged up, but I remember that it takes a different type of SIM card to the Huawei phone, so I couldn't ring them on that.

Should I order a 'sim only' sim card until my Huawei PSmart phone gets repaired, so that I am able to make calls? I feel very worried because if I get ill I currently have no way of ringing anyone for help during the pandemic.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You're better off talking to Huawei directly https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/
You can use adaptors to change your sim size which would be quicker and easier that getting one off O2 right now,
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23075 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

As well as @MI5's suggestion, you can try calling O2 using Skype on 0800 032 1402

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

Best time to try to get through is 8 am

Take a look on Amazon for sim card adapters. They're not expensive.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

NorthernRealm
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both for your help. I've just orded the sim adapters as my new phone has a nano sim and the old phone takes a standard sim from looking at it. My new phone has suddenly switched on whilst plugged in after hours, but I'm not sure it's actually charging. I took the sim card out before it switched on so it's still emergency calls only. I'll keep it plugged in overnight and hope it's charged by tomorrow so I can put the sim card back in. If not I'll hopefully be able to use the sim card in my old phone until I can get this one repaired.

Message 4 of 4