cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help email app no longer working, error message IP address blacklisted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please can someone help?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace which I had my virgin.net email loaded.  Since yesterday I was unable to send any emails as it stated IP address blacklisted.  I spoke to O2 and the settings they gave me did not work it stated username & password incorrect. After searching for hours on the web & forums, I managed to change the settings to:-

Incoming

POP3 server  = mail.virgin.net

Port = 110

Security = none

receiving

SMTP = smtp.virginmedia.com

port = 465

security = SSL accept all certificates

It started working again but downloaded everything, no folders they have disappeared.  So again I looked up I had to change the setting in my account to allow new emails only.  The problem now is as soon as I open a new email it disappears when another email arrives.

Please can someone help, it's driving me mad!!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149317 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
Just change your incoming settings to the ones I posted. Enter user name and password and follow the prompts on screen slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149317 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

It's because you have it set to POP. Use IMAP instead....

imap.virginmedia.com

port = 993

SSL = On

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5

love the name, thanks for your reply, could you please list what I have to do on each of the settings?

Thank you so much 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149317 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
Just change your incoming settings to the ones I posted. Enter user name and password and follow the prompts on screen slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5

THANK-YOU............. you're a star, worked perfect.

How come no-one at Virgin or O2 could help me.

Thank-you so much.

A very happy Mrs T   slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149317 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How come no-one at Virgin or O2 could help me.

Question was probably too difficult for them wink
Message 6 of 6