cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please... Galaxy S3 - Music (Official Top 40)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 (9300) on the 27th Decemeber 2012.

Whenever I try to open/use the Music app called "Official Top 40" it tries to connect, however, after 20 seconds or so it says "Unable to Connect - Please check your interenet connection and try again" and has a "Close" button.

I've tried uninstalling (which I can't, as it reinstalls), installing, updating... I really need some advise as to how to resolve this.

Kind Regards Angelical_1

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be fine till ignore it then. 

Its just like when you get a new computer/laptop it comes with loads of software pre installed, 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you trying to connect via Wifi or Data? Data wise it is a large webpage to get on to. 

I gather you can connect to other web pages?

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything else works fine (eg: web browser, email, etc)... It's connected to WIFI, I've tried it with GPS on, I think I've tried every combination. No matter what I do, I always get the same message.

It's one of the pre-installed apps that came with the phone.

I don't have any intention to use it... the annoying thing is, it always boots up, I can't uninstall it, and even when installed, it insists I have no internet connection.

Kind Regards. 

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a look online and it seems you are not the only one to have issues. It is a trial free one anyway and after that a monthly subscription. 

It is likely a smasung pre installed app rather than O2, Best to give it a miss anyway. 

Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you don't want it look in Settings >Manage applications >All and find the app in the list. Open it from there and you may see an option at the top to disable the app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks steersy and M15,

I went to Settings>Application Manager>All ... clicked on "Music" (which has the "Official TOP40" logo) on it... and I have an option to "Force Stop"... is this correct?

Does this mean I'll have to do this everytime I restart my phone?

I have no want for the app, is there a way to remove it... as I can't even open it, I don't want it to charge me monthly.

Kind Regards Angelical_1

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have an option next to force stop to remove app. 

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no option to remove the app.... the options I have are...

"Force Stop" or "Uninstall Updates"

-----------------------------------

Check box for "Show notifications" is OFF

Stortage: "Clear Data" button

Cache : "Clear Cache"  <-- Note: Greyed out / Unselectable 

Launch by default : "Clear Defaults"  <-- NoteGreyed out / Unselectable

Kind Regards Angelical_1

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be fine till ignore it then. 

Its just like when you get a new computer/laptop it comes with loads of software pre installed, 

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Granted, but you can at least uninstall the software on a PC.. I can't remove it on the phone 😞

Message 10 of 12