cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one mini 2 not finding GPS satellites

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I noticed a couple of weeks ago my phone was not detecting any satellites and I have been trying to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue. All of my tests have been conducted outside where I know it should see satellites.

i disabled the apps that had been installed since I last remembered it working , did not fix the problem.

last week I changed the location services to use device only, I.e, GPS and after a switch on and off it started working. GPS status showed a display of satellites it could see, Google map directions worked, ORUX maps worked.

so I then changed location settings to use GPS and wifi, it then stopped working. 

Repeating my earlier step of using GPS only in location services did not fix the problem.

i have even done a factory reset, although it then restored my phone from a back up and that has not fixed the problem.

as far as I am aware all software is up to date.

has anyone get any suggestions as to what to try?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are a number of GPS test apps on Play you can try which may help narrow down a problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2