cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one X storage problems since 4.1.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all i was just wondering if anyone knew how i could access the storage on my one x via USB, i was able to do this before update 4.1.1 was released and now im unable to do so, i am disappointed by the update because of this and i need some important files from it

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The Jelly Bean update changed the way that android structures it's files and consequently the way you can transfer files via USB. The new method is now MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and will be the new "industry standard". All this means for you is that now your computer won't see your phone with the old drivers installed and you need to install new drivers for your phone so the computer sees it as an MTP device. If you google for "MTP drivers for windows! (or whatever OS your PC is running you should be able to find and install the correct ones, although windows should search and install automatically when you connect the device it does sometimes fail.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The Jelly Bean update changed the way that android structures it's files and consequently the way you can transfer files via USB. The new method is now MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and will be the new "industry standard". All this means for you is that now your computer won't see your phone with the old drivers installed and you need to install new drivers for your phone so the computer sees it as an MTP device. If you google for "MTP drivers for windows! (or whatever OS your PC is running you should be able to find and install the correct ones, although windows should search and install automatically when you connect the device it does sometimes fail.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
many thanks my friend, i found the drivers and it now works slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Great news wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4