Did you mean: 

HTC media link HD and HDMI switches

SurreyBoy77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

having got a HTC Media link HD H200 device for my HTC One X, I have had a good play with it and it works great (at least it did when I remembered an app on my phone turned off wi-fi at midnight, whcih meant when i was using the device, the TV suddently went blank!

However have discovered one problem, but not sure whats the cause..

Out of the back of my Panny TV I only have two HDMI sockets. One goes to my V+ box and the other goes to a HDMI switch to allow blu-ray, xbox etc to connect to TV. Plugging the HTC device into the switch does not appear to work - the default screen simply does not appear on screen. Even changing the HDMI to use manually does not work. If i plug the HTC device directly into the TV, it works fine.

Any one experienced the same, and know any possible solutions to resolve?

thanks,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Not an expert in this area but...

The HDMI switch you have, does it have its own separate mains power supply or does it obtain  its supply from the device it connects too? If the HDMI switch doesn't have its own power supply then perhaps the HTC Media link doesn't have enough umph to power the HDMI switch when in use? Does the HDMI switch have a socket or connection to accept a mains power supply unit?

If the HDMI switch came with its own power supply and thats not being used give it a try first.

Cheers

Message 2 of 3

SurreyBoy77
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and suggestion.

Power into the switch was not something I had thought of, but sounds like it could be a likely candidate. Pretty sure my switch does not have its own power supply (or a socket for one), and draws what it needs form the devices connected.

I'll double check tonight...:)

Message 3 of 3