Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Sensation XE

I upgraded to the HTC Sensation XE at http://www.buymobilephones.net/ last week and got the phone the next day. I had to change tariff though.
Note that as a check on the O2 Upgrade site, I checked the costs for upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S II and it wouldnt let me keep the same tariff and it would have cancelled the existing insurance, the new insurance cost would be £10.99 a month with O2 directly.
I dont know if calling O2 to upgrade would let you keep the same tariff though.

Are you still billed by O2 direct atifc? Also can you still use my O2 on the website for checking allowance/bills etc?
Highlighted
Anonymous

The original Nexus was made by HTC though wasn't it, before HTC developed a newer version of sense, hence the rebranding as the desire maybe? I hope that's the case tony as I really like the look of the phone but don't like samsung's TouchWiz.
I read the guardian article too that's what made me think you were right heron
Having said all that I'm still tempted to go for the sensation xe anyway Smiley Very Happy whatever I get I will try not to go down the direct with O2 route due to the lack of access to OTA updates

At one point in time I had the Desire and one of my friends had the Nexus One, looking at them at the same time they were like non Identical twins, the nexus had the noice cancelling mic and some charging pins for Docks, the Desire had more RAM, optical tracker instead of a coloured trackball, cheaper parts but Sense gave it something different.
I don't really like Touch wiz, I think they have taken a couple things Touch wiz does (the Screen Capture and how you answer calls) but thats it.

The Updates is why I want a Nexus, but not an O2 locked Nexus thats just self torture! I did Look at an XE on a 12 Month deal but the price was a joke.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I do like sense I have to admit I don't think I will be able to get used to a phone without it now, it's one of the smoothest interfaces I've seen. I like the look and feel of HTC phones too.
My other half has TouchWiz on his phone and I literally nearly throw it across the room when trying to do even the most basic of things on it, I find it very unresponsive or perhaps it's just the difference between a Samsung and HTC?
I'm not keen on the red branding on the XE but that's about the only thing I can find to dislike about it
Highlighted
Anonymous

I upgraded to the HTC Sensation XE at http://www.buymobilephones.net/ last week and got the phone the next day. I had to change tariff though.
Note that as a check on the O2 Upgrade site, I checked the costs for upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S II and it wouldnt let me keep the same tariff and it would have cancelled the existing insurance, the new insurance cost would be £10.99 a month with O2 directly.

Are you still billed by O2 direct atifc? Also can you still use my O2 on the website for checking allowance/bills etc?

Hi Obo,
Yes I am still billed by O2 directly and everything is with O2 as before, except the phone came from BuyMobilePhones.Net and the insurance is now with another company.
A few hours after doing the upgrade the Order was showing on the My O2 site showing the change of tariff and the new contract renewal date etc.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Obo,
Yes I am still billed by O2 directly and everything is with O2 as before, except the phone came from BuyMobilePhones.Net and the insurance is now with another company.
A few hours after doing the upgrade the Order was showing on the My O2 site showing the change of tariff and the new contract renewal date etc.

Thanks for that, I might have a look there then, does the phone have any O2 branding / is it locked?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Obo,

Thanks for that, I might have a look there then, does the phone have any O2 branding / is it locked?

No problem. Theres no O2 branding on it at all which is good. Not sure if its unlocked though, but on the box theres no mention of it being O2 specific either.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I was waiting for XE but now I'm torn between the Nexus Prime, and Motorola Razr.
I have read that Samsung are going to release the Galaxy S II HD and comparing it with the Nexus, there's not much in it. http://www.itproportal.com/2011/10/19/s ... -features/
So now I'm totally confused as I can upgrade now, so do I wait?? :smileyindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I was waiting for XE but now I'm torn between the Nexus Prime, and Motorola Razr.
I have read that Samsung are going to release the Galaxy S II HD and comparing it with the Nexus, there's not much in it. http://www.itproportal.com/2011/10/19/s ... -features/
So now I'm totally confused as I can upgrade now, so do I wait?? :smileyindifferent:

Same. I've been able to upgrade since Oct 14th (will be out of contract after Nov 14th as i'm silver) but I really like the look of a Galaxy Nexus. I'd rather have a sim free one though, for the OTA updates.
Maybe i'll hang on til the release date, upgrade to re-sell something like an sgs2 and then get the nexus sim free.
Curse all this waiting!
I guess it's the best position to be in though.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Where would you be looking to sell a newish phone? Most places are good for buying phones at 50% off
Highlighted
Anonymous

Where would you be looking to sell a newish phone? Most places are good for buying phones at 50% off

We have internal small ads at work. Good for reaching out to the not so web-savvy Smiley Wink