Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Sensation XE

I think it's going to have to be a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for me. Looks very nice! I do like the look of the Sensation XE, but the spec on the nexus is excellent. Plus, no sense or touchwiz to drain the battery. I think I will miss sense though Smiley Sad
But anyway, even better news that o2 have tweeted they'll be stocking it. No date yet... if they take too long, i'll just upgrade to something I can re-sell, and buy it sim free.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I noticed the tweet this morning and considered waiting ... It does look nice but everything I've seen has said it will have TouchWiz which I have to say compared to HTC's sense is dire (IMO) .. Do you know something we don't with regards the TouchWiz heron?
Of course if O2's past record is anything to go by the phone won't be available with them until at least 3 months after everyone else, meaning by then the next big thing will be announced lol
Highlighted
Anonymous

Think I will probably wait for the Galaxy Nexus as well.
Ice Cream Sandwich looks very nice and knowing O2 we'd probably have to wait an age for the ICS upgrade for the Sensation XE, if it comes at all!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Can you really wait that long... its going to be at least a 1 months before the Galaxy Nexus hits our shores.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wait, it has touchwiz?
I was under the impression that either it wouldn't, or there'd possibly be 2 versions of the phone. One with the wiz, one without.
This is all stuff i'd read/heard before today's launch though. I still need to do more reading about the product. I was only able to read the engadget liveblog this morning. That impressed me enough though.
Going to have to look into this I think...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hmmm... I'm not sure some are saying it will some are saying it won't so perhaps the idea of 2 types (one with, one without) is likely, I can't imagine Samsung bringing out a phone without their own UI slapped over the top, still no official word on it yet so I guess we will have to wait and see
Highlighted
Anonymous

I upgraded to the HTC Sensation XE at http://www.buymobilephones.net/ last week and got the phone the next day. I had to change tariff though.
Note that as a check on the O2 Upgrade site, I checked the costs for upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S II and it wouldnt let me keep the same tariff and it would have cancelled the existing insurance, the new insurance cost would be £10.99 a month with O2 directly.
I dont know if calling O2 to upgrade would let you keep the same tariff though.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... m-sandwich
As with other "showcase" Android phones, the Nexus Prime uses only Google's software, without any of Samsung's Touch-Wiz skinning as found on its Galaxy range of smartphones.

Aha!
But I do agree with you, it seems unusual that Samsung would agree not to "touchwiz it up". Perhaps it was a condition set by Google..
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hmmm... I'm not sure some are saying it will some are saying it won't so perhaps the idea of 2 types (one with, one without) is likely, I can't imagine Samsung bringing out a phone without their own UI slapped over the top, still no official word on it yet so I guess we will have to wait and see

The Last Nexus didn't have Touchwiz, and the nexus before that didn't have Sense, They are pure Android, even who makes the phone is on the back.
The Desire came out after the Nexus one and was a very very similar phone, but wasn't the same, and got sensed up.
Who knows what Samsung have planned for themselves, but this was a paid job.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The original Nexus was made by HTC though wasn't it, before HTC developed a newer version of sense, hence the rebranding as the desire maybe? I hope that's the case tony as I really like the look of the phone but don't like samsung's TouchWiz.
I read the guardian article too that's what made me think you were right heron
Having said all that I'm still tempted to go for the sensation xe anyway Smiley Very Happy whatever I get I will try not to go down the direct with O2 route due to the lack of access to OTA updates