Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Sensation XE

Yes they told me then that even tho my tariff didn't exist anymore, there is a form they can fill out to get it reinstated. They did that twice, nothing, hence the claims. I Dropped down to Simplicity now so its gone forever, but the money I save in these couple months would probably cover any excess data lol
I don't average more than 700MB anyway, was looking at the 1GB contracts 18month that Phones4U were doing for O2 for the XE, hoping to find something similar at CPW for the Nexus, Minutes aren't important to me.
My workplace is Installing Public Wifi so Hopefully that will Stretch to my office!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Edit - "FREE GIFT" of in-ear beats headphones, exclusive to o2? Um.. aren't these provided in the box as standard?

yeah i noticed that too... funny, my mates for them on his vodafone contract Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

Edit - "FREE GIFT" of in-ear beats headphones, exclusive to o2

This is taken from the Phones4U site about the XE "The Sensation XE comes with exclusive Beats in-ear headphones and a microSD card as standard"
So surely O2 are breaking some trade descriptions by saying exclusive to O2 when clearly they come as standard?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm glad I jumped ship last week. 12 month contract on for £36 a month, £50 up front (minus £40 cashback from quidco) is a hell of a lot better than what has been mentioned above for a 12 monther.
And for some "strange" reason I also received a pair of Beats headphones. Maybe because they are part of the actual product that you're buying and not a "free gift" exclusive to anyone. Unless O2 are giving you two pairs?
Having said that, my lovely new phone bricked itself after 4 days Smiley Sad So now I have to go a week without it thanks to some shoddy customer service that won't let me just exchange it for a new one in store, instead I have to wait 3-5 days for a pre paid envelope, then another 3-5 days after they receive my broken phone.
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

I'm glad I jumped ship last week. 12 month contract on for £36 a month, £50 up front (minus £40 cashback from quidco) is a hell of a lot better than what has been mentioned above for a 12 monther.
And for some "strange" reason I also received a pair of Beats headphones. Maybe because they are part of the actual product that you're buying and not a "free gift" exclusive to anyone. Unless O2 are giving you two pairs?
Having said that, my lovely new phone bricked itself after 4 days Smiley Sad So now I have to go a week without it thanks to some shoddy customer service that won't let me just exchange it for a new one in store, instead I have to wait 3-5 days for a pre paid envelope, then another 3-5 days after they receive my broken phone.

I'm a little bit confused by your post. Correct me if I'm wrong. You have, as you put it, 'jumped ship' and have bought your phone through another company on a different network. Not on O2. You bricked your phone, and you're complaining about another company's 'shoddy customer service' on the O2 forum. Is that right?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

What do you mean 'bricked'? As someone with an Android phone who plays around with custom roms, bricking one of these devices is hard to do.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm a little bit confused by your post. Correct me if I'm wrong. You have, as you put it, 'jumped ship' and have bought your phone through another company on a different network. Not on O2. You bricked your phone, and you're complaining about another company's 'shoddy customer service' on the O2 forum. Is that right?

1. I didn't brick my phone, it bricked itself.
2. What's your point? I'm not expecting anything to be done about it on here, just sharing my experiences with the phone and the fact I got a better deal elsewhere.

What do you mean 'bricked'? As someone with an Android phone who plays around with custom roms, bricking one of these devices is hard to do.

Sorry maybe I used the wrong term with "bricked". I didn't do anything to the software to cause it to stop working, it just completely died after a few days and refuses to turn on or charge. So it's now essentially a very shiny and expensive brick.
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

1. I didn't brick my phone, it bricked itself.
2. What's your point? I'm not expecting anything to be done about it on here, just sharing my experiences with the phone and the fact I got a better deal elsewhere.

Sorry maybe I used the wrong term with "bricked". I didn't do anything to the software to cause it to stop working, it just completely died after a few days and refuses to turn on or charge. So it's now essentially a very shiny and expensive brick.

Actually, I'm glad you posted that. Maybe the people who moan about O2 and threaten to leave might think again before they do. It just proves that going to another network changes nothing. They're all the same. Some people have good experiences with Customer Service, some don't. It's always been luck of the draw. Doesn't sound to me like your 'better deal' is much better if you haven't got a phone to use.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just to counter, when my Desire was experiencing overheating/reboot problems (well-reported Desire mainboard issue), I took it to an o2 shop, they took it in for repair, replaced the mainboard, and had it back for me to collect a week later. They even kept me posted with text updates on progress as it was received and sent back out for collection.
Cost? Nothing. Had a 60 (or 90?) day guarantee but no issues at all.
Good customer service in my experience. I was also offered a phone to borrow whilst it was being repaired, but declined as I had another of my own I could use.
Irrelevant to the Sensation XE of course but there you go. Phone companies are all as bad as each other Smiley Wink