Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Sensation XE crashing/restarting?

hi everyone
does anyone else's Sensation XE turn itself off/restart regularly?

I'm hoping that the ICS update may sort these issues out.

Sometimes the phone will randomly reboot (for no apparent reason), sometimes the screen will just be black... it looks like it is turned off, but sometimes the message LED will flash, so the handset is actually on.

I've asked this on other android forums, it seems to be a known issue, but no-one knows why it happens or any cure for it.

The issue is not connected to any apps I've downloaded, and I regularly close down all apps so the max. memory is available.

Any advice or help? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Sensation XE crashing/restarting?

exact same problem and getting worse by the day, i have an HTC sensation but not an XE, but same problem, trying to get through to 02 today to send it back, obviously a problem with HTC software or battery perhaps, just glad to find out its just not my handset so i dont think a repair will fix it.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Mine has done this for ages now! Has driven me crazy and only had the phone for a few months.. I find that if I close everything and use task manager it stops the sense crashing. I really hope ICS stops it and the phone becomes normal again. I thought it might have been an app but doubt it as most are the same as what I had on a Desire S. Good luck for the update and let's hope we get something good from it
Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same problem with my first htc XE, it would charge but kept on restarting/crashing, had received an exchange from O2 within 14 days of contract.

The newer set is stable and hasn't shown any restart/crash problem since.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Please look at my new post and see if that fixes it

Please get to me so I can pass this information on if so