Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Re: HTC One X

So anyone managed to get their hands on the One X today and had a play?

any real user reviews?

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am due an upgrade but neither the One X or One S which are available generally are on the upgrade list, is this usual with new phones? I have tried to contact O2 but their contact button just times out I think they must have a problem!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Sounds like this could just be a teething problem as the phones are just out today. Definitely available for in-store upgrade though, stock permitting.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Mark

Hope they have somebody reading this forum then Mark, trying to contact them is impossible the "service" screen just times out!! Very irritating and rubbish service!

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Dave - when I post here it's in a personal capacity but the guys at the Social Media Team take care of the Community, Facebook, Twitter e.t.c. - details about the team that handle this here - http://www.o2.co.uk/socialmedia

Perhaps drop one of them a PM? All the 'official' O2 presence staff are Name@O2 on the forums ie Abs@O2 or Paul@O2.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I rang o2 on Tuesday and ordered the upgrade. phone arrived the very next day. Can I just say I love it!. my last phone was the HTC Desire, after 6 months I Debranded it. after a year I rooted and rom'd with cyanogenmod which I've ran with for 12 months now. its strange to have sense back but its not as HTCish as it was. less seems to be more. no longer am I skimping for space on my phone. In my eyes this is the true successor to the Desire. I only have 4 issues so far but they are minor: 1. battery life (we went through this with the desire and it got better after a few weeks of use), 2. some apps aren't up to date to be available on ics (android 4), 3. some apps crash or seem a little buggy (to be fair this is android 4 and the apps were a little off before anyway). 4. instagram doesn't work yet.
So that's about it. Coming from cyanogenmod where I could customise a lot on the phone I'm actually very happy. It's like my old Desire with loads of space, speed and a giant bloody screen :-)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Was training the team in store today and I am suffering from significant amounts of envy. Sadly no upgrade available to me for at least another three months.

First impressions are that the phone is gorgeous and stupidly thin (although does seem to run a little hot, but not uncomfortably so). Everything flys and fastboot works as expected. Screen size is perhaps a tad large but that's what the One S is for.

The thing that impresses me the most is camera shutter speed which I would estimate is about .5 seconds - and that's taking proper autofocus shots, not in burst mode. Also like the ability to take photos whilst recording videos.

The new Sense 4 has the right level of 'Sense-ness'. Still nice HTC tweaks like the weather live wallpaper but not so much that it slows Android or restricts too much.

Also, and this is probably irrelevant to most of you, the One series allows persistent on, never off, full brightness screen with no locking or dimming. This makes the phones look more attractive and eye catching on display and makes me very happy.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Does anybody knows if there will be a HOX in white from the O2 shop? Smiley Frustrated 

Highlighted
Anonymous

i'm trying to get this question answered as well with no luck as yet. I have found on xda forum somewhere that it should be released next week. I want white one as well and not sure if i should wait for O2Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

my local O2 shop was selling HTC One X's (grey one, but did not ask about white) on Friday, both on contract, and Sim Free. In the end I purchased my phone sim free from car phone warehouse. Same price as o2 shop (£479.95) but its debranded from any o2 stuff.

CPW and o2 shop were only ones happy to sell me Sim free on Friday. Phones for U kept trying to sell me a new contract (apparently £36 a month for 2 year, is (according to salesman) cheaper than my 02 simplicty deal of a tenner for a month for 300 mins, and unlimited everything else,including data, and buying phone above, even though 10 seconds proved that was not the case!) but in any case would not sell the phone sim free until this week some time, and for £529!

incidentally, so far very happy with the One X - great phone!!!