cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X + : Opinions wanted re Battery

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, my One X plus should be arriving in the next day or so (it's supposed to be here tomorrow, but could be delayed due to the weather). 

I've read countless reviews online (to be honest I don't pay too much attention to them because they all contradict each other). The thing I'm most interested in is how much has the battery been improved compared to the One X? 

Now, I'm not what you'd call a "heavy" user. I check Twitter/Facebook a couple of times each day (depending on how bored I am in work), and I rarely play games. Apart from that I use my phone for taking photos (I'm a bit of an amateur mobile photographer) checking emails, doing a little bit of browsing and the usual texting/calling. I had the One X when it first came out, and I was getting a full days use out of it (just!). 

I switch the WiFi off when I'm away from the house, and I have mobile data switched on. 

I switch the WiFi on when I get home (or when I can access a WiFi network), and I switch the mobile data off. 

Screen brightness is low to medium (30% ish).

Emails set to sync every 30 minutes. 

Weather Widget on the home screen under the clock (set to sync every 2 hours or whenever I open the app). 

Location Services Off unless needed (for Maps etc). 

Based on the information above, how long do you reckon the One X plus battery would last me with the same settings/usage as I had on the One X..? An extra half a day? An extra hour? 2 hours less? 

Basically, I want a phone which I can unplug when I wake up, and plug back in when I go to bed, and be able to use it as I want to throughout the day without having to worry that I'm going to run out of juice. 

If the One X Plus battery would last me from, say 6.30am until 10.00pm then I'd be happy. If it won't, then I'll be going back to an iPhone 5..! At least with one of them I can use it how I want to and not have to worry about the battery!

Some opinions from One X Plus owners would be very helpful! Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I've no personal experience but these tests are usually pretty close http://blog.gsmarena.com/battery-tests-of-htc-one-x-are-complete-here-are-the-results/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. Looks like the battery life is pretty good when the phone is being used, and oddly it's pretty poor when it's in standby?! 

Hopefully that's just going to be a software issue which can be fixed with an update. 

And as for the "Xperia Z, should I or shouldn't I?" in your signature - I'm wondering the exact same thing! I need to see some proper hands-on reviews first though. I've got a feeling that that screen is going to munch the battery..! 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Apparently the xperia T munches the battery but the z is supposed to have some clever power management options.... Time will tell....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4