cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
info: Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

Just to let you know, if you leave this page, the chat may be disconnected.
info: You are now chatting with Harry.
Harry: Hi I'm Harry. How can I help?
joe: hi what is happening to htc one x jelly bean first it was released now nobody knows can you give me the precise info and not some made up story please ?
Harry: Don't worry, I'll help you.
Harry: And be assured I won't disappoint you or give you incorrect information.
joe: not worrying just want the truth
Harry: Be assured I won't disappoint you or give you incorrect information.
joe: ok
Harry: Can I know what error or problems you face when you try to update to the Jelly Bean for your HTC One X?
joe: there is no update to download for anyone everyone on the forums have said its not available and am saying its not available as well your staff said its now been tested again and its not been released?
Harry: Okay, did you received any texts that your phone can be upgraded to the Jelly Bean software?
joe: none
Harry: Okay...
Harry: We'd originally hoped that the hTC One S and hTC One X would also receive an update to Android 4.1 (JellyBean) at the same time. Unfortunately the update for these two handsets wasn’t possible but it will be available to customers in the coming days.
Harry: Customers with the above devices will receive a notification advising them that a software upgrade is available. The software update is performed over the air and is fully automated.
Harry: Customers can also prompt the update by going to Menu > Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now.
joe: so does this mean nobody has received the update then?
Harry: Yes, you're right as the testing is going on and once it gets compatible with the handset a text confirmation will be sent.
joe: ok finally some answers thank u
Harry: You're welcome and thank for your trust in me.
Harry: Is there anything else I can help you with?
joe: no thank u bye
Harry: Take care, Wish you a Happy and prosperous New year

the truth from 02 everyone will just have to wait least we got some anwsers.
Message 241 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

"the truth from 02 everyone will just have to wait least we got some anwsers."

there appears to be little in the way of that at the moment. the last time had something like this was going from 2.2 froyo to 2.3 gingerbread on my sgs - but not sure if that was down to o2 or samsung but remember that kies was a pita though.

Message 242 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the update is ready and there are issues with the download they should give us the path th the RUU and let us update manually. Also how dare they stop us debranding, I for one pay a not insignificant amount each month for my contract, all info should be available to the HOX community? 

Message 243 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are not stopping you debranding. You can root you phone & flash any ROM you like to it. This won't debrand it though as this is currently not possible. So you would have to manually flash each update yourself at you own risk. If you brick it then tough.

Just visit XDA forum for details.
Message 244 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not worth rooting until so-off is cracked as O2 _001 CIDs can't use custom Sense ROMs.

Message 245 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
In order to flash it with a stock HTC firmware it will need a super CID using s-off. Currently this is not possible on the One X.
Message 246 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you work at HTC? Only asking coz of your user name.
Message 247 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not worth rooting until so-off is cracked as O2 _001 CIDs can't use custom Sense ROMs.

Once The JB update is out and we update the Hboot, we can then use any Sense Rom on XDA. WE cant flash a JB Sense XDA Rom because of the Hboot.

Yes it would be great to have S-off but it still is very worth still doing. But if you not already Rooted now you might as well wait for JB to get released.

Message 248 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I don't work for HTC. I just appended something to my name incase the username has already gone.
Message 249 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

My big mistake wasn't buying the HOX handset outright, it was buying it from the O2 store!! Looks like the Guru's are busy today, chat isn't available:

Web chat

Sorry. All our advisors are busy chatting to other customers at the moment. Please try again a bit later.

Message 250 of 356