cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable

My CID is 02_001, I haven't had the update. If they (whoever 'they' are) advised it would be available by close of business yesterday, it's shocking that O2 haven't put out a message advising otherwise.

How can they 'release it [the update] in batches'?

It seems to me there is no co-ordination, no strategy and no alignment between the various groups involved in this (gurus, the dev team, the Social Media team, support teams on instant chat). 

O2 should realise that we (people wishing for the latest update) may be a small minority, but we have influence. If you look at the O2 twitter stream a lot of the questions are about Jelly Bean for the HOX. They run the risk of sullying their reputation by not having a coherent communication strategy. If they at least said "We aim to have it out by this date" then that would shut us up for a bit.

But it seems at the moment that each team has a different understanding of what is going on, and that is not good.

Come on O2, sort it out.

Message 141 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree with you Bobby, O2's Twitter account has taken to ignoring me when I question batch updates and the likes. I first tweeted the re:JB on Dec 4th, the reply being "Its coming soon". I'd love it if it made a difference if I threatened not to pay any of the 3 contracts I have running with them, and continually tell them payments are coming soon.
Message 142 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've asked on Twitter twice and had no replies, also spoken to a Guru on here and all he said was to wait a few days and try again, because of the batch releases.
Message 143 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
And here we are again and the only real problem that people are having is that we are yet again not being told what's going on. I understand that there's a testing process but at least keep those of us interested in the loop or what is the point of this forum. I know that as a model the One X is lower down on the list (I can tell that from the lack of accessories in your stores) but please, what's going on. Is it this year or next?
Message 144 of 356

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
O2 never give out any info about software updates on any phones - Just saying so you don't think its HTC phones that are been singled out. All you will ever get is "it's in testing - will be released soon"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 145 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry but the S3 got more info when the release was due. O2 haven't got a clue. To me it sounds like they said its being released in batches to appease the masses whilst they fix/finish the software.
Message 146 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Beyond a joke now. My wife, on her Tesco unbranded HOX has just received 3.14.401.31.
I'm still on 2.17.206.2.

Next time I am buying direct from the manufacturer.
Message 147 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was on the online chat on Friday with O2 and weren't able to give me any information
Message 148 of 356

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Looks like were still in the dark, no update have checked several times this morning.
Message 149 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

still nothing here, was told by "guru" in on-line chat that OTA was released and to go to a store for help with updating

not sure what the store will do other than "Settings > About > Software Updates > check now"

W

Message 150 of 356