cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone received JB 4.1 on the HTC one X Yet??? I'm getting really bored of waiting for this now. My mum is on O2 and has a HTC One S and she got JB on Christmas day.

not happy at all and fed up of waiting. you'd think the One X would be prioritised

Message 121 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

seeing is believing... let me know if you get the update please!

Message 122 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked O2 on Twitter when it was due to be released and they said its still in testing, when I asked why they are not releasing it to O2 locked phones when HTC and other providers have already I didn't get an answer..... I will remember this when my contract is up for renewal... 

Message 123 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect that we won't see this until the New Year now - based on no information I've received from O2, but they're more than likely running a skeleton crew over this week, and would probably hold off on any releases. If there is an issue with it, and it requires a large amount of calls inbound (or even just people calling confused with the changeover - remember, not everyone is up with the different Android releases!) then they'll want to wait until there's enough staff to cope with it.

A bit of speculation on my part, but an educated guess nonetheless.

Message 124 of 356

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well the last info I got was, that we just have to wait for notification, but I've requested my phone be unlocked which is happening within 7 days. If anyone needs the link let me know or check my twitter. @matt_ellison81
Message 125 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
But by unlocking the phone will this change the CID of the phone, as I'm guessing it'll still be 02_001
Message 126 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to my knowledge unlocking the phone doesn't mean you can get the update. It will be unlocked but not unbranded.

Message 127 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
My thoughts also.
Message 128 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure I read that the o2 HOX was unlocked by default. I'm no expert but o2 will be unable to change you O2_001 CID, a HTC service centre should have the hardware/ software to do it but if I were to make a guess they won't.
We're screwed, o2 have discontinued the one x, their increasing tariffs across the board & inability to inform or distribute this update.
Ever feel like you've been conned?
Message 129 of 356

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
From the web chat with a bloke called earl, he was unsure what unlocking was, but then after a ten minute wait he informed me that once the unlock is in place you visit htc website and you can debrand on there, but will keep you updated. As for requesting unlock that is for holidays next year but thought 2 birds one stone and all that
Message 130 of 356