cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally downloading

to o2, anyone can screw up, what we learn from these screw ups is important

W
Message 331 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone in here for being a great source of information - My One X is in the process of updating now slight_smile

Also thanks to O2 and HTC for sorting this out - hopefully lessons have been learned from this experience!

Message 332 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though I have this:

2013-01-04 14.37.26.png

I stil don't believe it.

Message 333 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started the update at about 15:00 and my phone seemed to spend ages on the updating screen (the one with the glowing phone symbol). When out for a walk and when I got back the phone appeared to be dead (still on charge but not even a charging light). Switched on now but stuck on HTC Quietly Brilliant screen and I can't switch the phone off.

I think the update may have killed my phone.

Message 334 of 356

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All updated only problem is you do lose mass storage!! And htc sytnc manager is not picking up my phone!

Message 335 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattye81 wrote:

All updated only problem is you do lose mass storage!! And htc sytnc manager is not picking up my phone!

When I pluged mine in to my PC to charge it.  It re-installed the drivers (Window 7 Ultimate x64) and then mounted the CD drive.  It used to prompt what you wanted to do.  I'll have a play and see if I can get i mount correctly. slight_frown

Edit: Ok under Windows 7 I see "CD Drive ( 😧 ) HTC Sync Manager" and under Portable Devices - HTC One X.  Under that is the 25Gb drive.

No option on the phone to select what to do though when it is connected to the PC, even though the setting is checked to prompt me!

Message 336 of 356

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Solved it!! I needed to turn off anti virus to get to work and click on the mounted drive, it re installs some drivers. So looks ok for now

Message 337 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noticed that there is some extra crapware on the phone now:

Amazon MP3 App.

Best Deals App.

Rescue App.

Play Magazines.

Message 338 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the plus side, we can all download " PlayStation mobile" app. 🙂
Message 339 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently the window that pops up when you connect your phone to a PC is removed as part of Jelly Bean!  Jelly Bean "works out" what you want to do based on what is on the other end of the USB cable.  So if you just want to charge your phone off the PC you can, but it also mounts it as a device too! Smiley Indifferent

Edit:  Should mention though that HTC Sync seems to not see the phone at all now though.  Not that bothered as I don't use it anyway...

Message 340 of 356