cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying to update all day with no 2G/3Gturned on, basically turned on airplane mode then re-enabled wifi, and no update picked up. Also tried updating through HTCSyncand still nothing. Why won't O2 simply admit to their mistake and tell us all it's not available yet?  

Message 231 of 356

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is a small part of my wifes chat with a guru 5 minutes ago.
Sorry its short, how has not copy and pasted very well lol.

emma:can you tell me if the jelly bean update has been released for htc one x.

Lesley:
I can see that it has been launched but due to some issue it is not availabel.

Lesley:
Once it's available we will let you know.

emma:
i have an O2 branded handset. cid no: o2___001

emma:
twitter is saying it is available just keep checking

Lesley:
Yes, actually it is available but due to some technical issues our customers are not getting the options.

Lesley:
So, a slight wait and you will get it : )

So maybe they have released it but are now having problems, either OTA or in general. Personnally i cant see why we cant have it through an update service, like what sony offer. and do it all on PC!
Message 232 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well once we do get it we can look forward to the following:

• Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) and HTC Sense 4+ update
  • Camera enhancements
    • New button to easily switch between front and main camera
    • Bypass the unlock screen by using sightseeing mode
    • New gallery landing page that includes an option to view photos and video by event or by map
  • Music improvements
    • New option allows you to organize your music by folders
  • Phone feature enhancements
    • New options including a full screen mode for the keypad and the ability to follow up a declined call with a text message
  • User interface enhancements
    • Improved calendar scheduling and cross-time zone functionality
    • New lock screen style options
  • Power management improvement
    • Optimize battery life with power saver mode

The Camera Enhancement also includes Panoramic photos with the camera on portrait orientation too!

Message 233 of 356

mattye81
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys.

Have just got a tweet back from @O2 saying

@matt_ellison81 Sorry the previous information was incorrect,the software is still being tested to prevent any hiccups when you receive it.

So they really dont know whats going on, why cant they all read from the same song sheet!!

Message 234 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only just found out the exact same thing from an O2 Guru. Spoken to 4 guys tonight now, and this Guru was the first to tell me the update HASN'T actually been released. I find the way that O2 is currently communicating to their customers ridiculous. Here's the transcript.

O2 : Guy: Hi I'm O2 : Guy. How can I help?
Gregor: I got my HTC One X connected to HTC Sync Manager, how do I now update to Jellybean on this?
O2 : Guy: I am sorry Jelly Bean is not available on HTC now
O2 : Guy: It will be available very soon
O2 : Guy: If you do this now, your phone will be stucked
Gregor: Okay, this is contrasting with what previous advisors have told me. I've spoken to a minimum of 10 advisors over the past week, and you're the first to tell me it's not currently available.
Gregor: Every other advisor has told me that Jellybean was released for the HTC One X on Christmas Day
O2 : Guy: It is available but not working fine
O2 : Guy: Your phone will be stucked if you update
Gregor: I've not been able to download it anyways. How long do you anticipate it will be before it is released and operational?
O2 : Guy: We are in the loop to correct it
O2 : Guy: It will be available very soon
Gregor: I can only say that I'm appalled by the lack of communication about an update many people are disappointed about not having available yet, despite HTC releasing it to unbranded phones over a month ago now.
O2 : Guy: Yes, But O2 is not providing it now as it is not working fine on HTC phones
O2 : Guy: We have many customers who tried and their phones are stuck
Gregor: Nothing to do with yourself of course. It is just disappointing that such a major update to the android operating system, and nobody is making this information known to the customers who are interested in it.
O2 : Guy: Yes, I am sorry for that
Gregor: Is there any chance that you can make it known to your supervisor that many of your live chat operators are telling customers that Jellybean is currently available and operational for the HTC One X
O2 : Guy: It is available but the operations are not that good
Gregor: I've been told it's available and has been working since christmas day by 3 different operators tonight.
O2 : Guy: Sure
Gregor: Thanks for your help  
O2 : Guy: We are trying to notify our customers so that they will be updated on this
O2 : Guy: You're welcome
O2 : Guy: I appreciate your Understanding

Message 235 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
And again...

O2 in the UK (@O2) tweeted at 8:47 PM on Wed, Jan 02, 2013:
@cmpaterson We're sorry for the conflicting information Chris. The software is still in the process of being tested at the moment.
(https://twitter.com/O2/status/286574474785087488)
Message 236 of 356

mattye81
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So if it works ok on unbranded phones, its what o2 do to it! Why can't they just debrand there phones, i use the two apps they put on, MYO2 and Priority moments. As far as i can tell its only the start up and shut down screen they put on.

Message 237 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
A point well made. Do we really need the apps preinstalled? Surely we can download them ourselves. It would be easier all round if O2 debranded their phones to allow customers prompt updates in future.
Message 238 of 356

mattye81
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

info: Welcome to O2. A Guru will be with you soon. 

We're really busy right now. Thanks for waiting. If you're after the latest information on the iPhone 5 please go here 

Did you know you can find out your upgrade date by logging into MyO2 here. You can also do lots of other stuff like check your bill or change your tariff too.   

info: You're through to Guru Guru - Steve.   
Guru - Steve: Hi I'm Guru - Steve. How can I help?

matt: Hi Steve

matt: I've been informed the jelly bean update is now not available for my htc one x
Guru - Steve: I'll check this for you.
matt: Thank you
Guru - Steve: You're welcome.
Guru - Steve: Thanks for waiting.
Guru - Steve: Please go to Menu > Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now
matt: ok
matt: saying there are no updates available for your phone
matt: Had a tweet saying its still being tested, but was told 2 hours ago its ready for me to download, which is it
Guru - Steve: Please don't worry the software are sent in the batches so once your number is listed you'll get the update directly on the phone.
matt: Ok, the last info i got was that the update has a problem,
matt: So if this is the case can i get my phone debranded please?
Guru - Steve: No worries you'll get the new update again.
Guru - Steve: Just to inform you that O2 doesn't recommend this and it nay void the warranty.
matt: I understand that but can it be done?

Guru - Steve: I'm sorry but this can't be done.
matt: By you or Htc
Guru - Steve: I would request you to wait and you'll get the update from HTC.
Guru - Steve: You can also alternatively connect your phone to HTC sync and check for the update.
matt: But can the phone be debranded, i know about the warrenty, but i wish to get the updates as and when htc release them
matt: Also i thought the update came from o2 after you have added your bits to it
Guru - Steve: You get updates when the HTC allots it to O2.
matt: Oh, ok

Guru - Steve: It is not recommended to de-brand! 
matt: so even at the end of my contract, i would still need to wait for o2 to update my phone

Guru - Steve: You should get the update soon.
matt: you didnt answer my question?
Guru - Steve: Yes you'll need to wait for the update.
matt: Ok
matt: Well can i ask o2 not to brand there phones in future so it brings us in line with everyone else, we seem to wait a very long time for an update that gives us a start up and close screen when turn the phone on or off!
Guru - Steve: Yes I can understand this and I'll surely forward your details to our relevant team and ask them to look into this.
matt: Thank you
Guru - Steve: You're welcome. It was nice chatting with you. Have a nice day. Take care. Bye.
Guru - Steve: Happy new year  slight_smile
matt: Happy new year. Bye
Guru - Steve: Thank you very much.

This was 10 mins ago, so no hope of o2 debranding current handset, but maybe future ones will not be!

Message 239 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

still smacks of the arse not knowing what the face is doing there matt. first eludes to it being available - by asking you to check for it. then saying there is an issue which it seems has taken an eterinty to find, lastly stating that we'll get it when htc release it - hang on it's o2 were waiting on.

seriously PPP from o2 here and to top it off my sync manager is now borked Smiley Mad

Message 240 of 356