cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the transcript of my chat with HTC

Chat Transcript

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.

An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.

The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.

An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.

The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.

You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.

You have been connected to Robert.

Robert:  Hi, thank you for contacting HTC Support. Please can you elaborate on your query.

Rees-Harris:  Hi Robert

Rees-Harris:  I was advised approx 6 days ago by O2 that the jellybean software update had been released and was available. I still cannot download it. Has it actually been released? O2 have since advised other support forums that HTC are control the update and are releasing it in batches. If this is the case, what is your timetable for the batched release. I am getting fed up with checking two or three times a day as advised by o2. I was under the impression that the One X was your flagship phone? Surely the jellybean update could have been handled better. There are inferior phones that have already received the update.

Robert:  I understand you wish to know when the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1 OTA update will be coming to your device.

We are very happy to hear of your interest in the latest Android/Sense update for your device and we appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

In answer to your query the HTC One X Android Jelly Bean 4.1 software update via FOTA EU is being rolled out as we speak, To unbranded devices. 
The servers can only handle 30,000 updates a day so you will have to be patient but you should receive the update soon.
If your device is branded to a network e.g. 3, please wait for the network to release their branded software. 
The update is only available Ota (over the air). 
There is also no way of installing an unbranded update on a branded device.

To manually search for updates please go through the following steps as described in the link below:

http://www.htc.com/help/www/howto_iframe.aspx?id=141676&type=1&p_id=440

For the latest news releases Please go to Our official HTC website, 

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/news.aspx?p_id=440&p_name=htc-one-x

Or web Fan pages e.g. Facebook & Twitter.
HTC thank you for your continued patience and co-operation at this time.

[Release Note for Europe]
HTC Sense Version: 4+
Android Version: 4.1.1
Software number: 3.14.401.27
Rollout Date: 2012/12/5

Robert:  Due to localization, testing, and partner approvals, updates do not roll out to all devices at the same time. For devices on a wide variety of carriers and in many countries, rollouts can take up to 45 days from the initial update to reach everyone.

If your phone has not received the update after the 45-day period, navigate to Settings>About>Software Updates to have your device manually check for updates. If your device still does not show an update, please contact customer support

Robert:  Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Rees-Harris:  This is ridiculous. O2 have been advising that it is available to download to thier branded handsets now.

Rees-Harris:  How many handsets are eligible for the update?

Rees-Harris:  My handset is branded to 02.

Rees-Harris:  Is it HTC or O2 that are responsible for this update?

Robert:  I am sorry that you feel this way about the update process but I can to change the way in which the phones update. I can only inform you how it works. in answer to your query, both.

Robert:  I understand how frustrating it is to wait for an update. For your information I will explain the update process. Google (Android) release a new update, HTC then take the update and adapt the software within each of our compatible device adding any extras such as HTC Sense the (GUI). When the software has been fully developed and tested we then release the update for unbranded phones. The network are then given the choice to take the update and brand it for there branded devices. If they do develop a branded software version of the update and authorise that we can release the update, we will.

Rees-Harris:  So, have 02 authorised that you release the update to branded handsets

Robert:  for me to check this could you please provide me with the phones imei or serial number.

Rees-Harris:  IMEI - xxxxxxxxxx

Rees-Harris:  Serial Number - xxxxxxxx

Robert:  Thank you for your patience, just to let you know I am still looking into your issue.

Rees-Harris:  Thank you Robert, you are being very helpful

Robert:  I can confirm this is the latest update being rolled out for your device:

Robert:  FOTA_Endeavor#U O2 (UK) Public Endeavor O2 UK QMR FOTA 2012/5/14 1.26.206.2 being updated to : 1.28.206.9 2012/05/14

Rees-Harris:  So this is the JellyBean update?

Rees-Harris:  Or is what you are saying is that the last update was on 14th May 2012

Robert:  no not from my knowledge as 4.1 was only released in December. and that update was released a while ago, it would seem the 4.1 jelly bean update is not being rolled out for that specific branded device as of yet.

Rees-Harris:  So O2 have lied then?

Robert:  it would seem so yes as the update has not been rolled out for that specific device as of yet.

Rees-Harris:  Thank you Robert. All the best

Message 211 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

My chat advisor seems to be more knowledgable... 

info:You're through to Guru Nelson.

Nelson:Hi I'm Nelson. How can I help?

James:Good morning, I'm enquiring about the upgrade of software on the HTC One X.

James:I'm wondering when the update to Android 4.1.1 will be available to O2 branded phones, please.

Nelson:James, the update has already been processed for the HTC One X.

Nelson:However, if you haven't got it, please do not worry.

Nelson:You'll get an automatic prompt once it's available for your phone.

James:When you say processed, what do you mean, specifically? Has it been passed back to HTC for them to release using their OTA servers?

Nelson:Yes, that's correct. By processed, I mean to say, the update has been released (I'm sorry about that). So, please do not worry, you'll get an automatic prompt when it's available for your phone.

James:Thank you, I'll wait for the prompt to download then slight_smile

Message 212 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 are lying to us.... I had the same chat with HTC - its up to O2 to release the update - and there is still no sign of it...

WTF...so P***ed right now

Message 213 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a further chat with HTC

Kristina U:  Yes the update for Jelly Bean for One X was released on 24th December. However if your device is branded, it will come from your Network

So, there we have it. On the one hand O2 are saying its HTC who control it. And on the other HTC are saying its O2. 

Doubt we will receive clarifiaction on this. 02 are being officialy silent. 

Message 214 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tweeted HTC uk and o2 this morning and both said its out now. o2 are telling tweeters its out now, no one has it, i certainly dont and htc said imminently. its been rolled out today.......it seems
Message 215 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was your query regarding O2 branded handsets?
Message 216 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. HTC UK said they are working with o2 as we speak and o2 uk are tweeting customers saying its rolling out now ......i cant get it yet though. Go onto o2s twitter feed and see what they are saying to people who have asked!

Message 217 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 twitter feed has been saying it is rolling out in batches for the passed 4 days
Message 218 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? oh.....shame on me, sorry

Message 219 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
The whole thing is a joke, I feel like getting a new phone...and making sure its unbranded....stupid o2. I'm never getting a branded phone again...what's the point in having a state of the art phone if you can't get the software updates!! Awful
Message 220 of 356