cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
If they are released in batches then CID numbers are irrelevant. Every O2 phone in the UK will have CID of O2___001. Release must be based on something else.
Message 201 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The Updates are based upon CID, but also when you try to search for an update it could possibly take other info also, such as make, model and possibly IMEI.

Message 202 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/12/19/htc-one-x-jelly-bean-4-1-1-update-and-your-observations/

There are at least 2 people there mentioning they've got the update with O2 phones. Does this mean its really out or maybe the owners have no clue as to the phone is branded or not.

Message 203 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably just have unbranded phones and they're using o2. HTC's Twitter account has just said "We're working with o2 to get the update out as soon as possible." So...it's not even out yet. Awesome. Is anyone from o2 actually going to actively find out what's going on rather than saying "This is all I have to go on, oops."

Message 204 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have just had it confirmed by HTC that there is no OTA Update (Batched or Otherwise) currently taking place for 02 branded HTC One X handsets. O2 have been lying to us all.

Will be canceliing my direct debit today and will pay the remainder of my contract in batched installments sometime in the future. 

Message 205 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give us the link for their Comments.  Just Chatting to a Guru abaout this now. Will keep posted

Message 206 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
My goodness this forum is a good read! We every time an update is due its like the world is coming to an end. Here are there facts, HTC released this update ages ago, there were problems so they pulled it, it wasn't long ago that they re-released it (I'm sure someone could provide exact dates if needed). O2 no doubt have had the final code, re-wrote it here and there, tested it and have released it internally. The release goes back to HTC who then decide when the new build is sent to our phones ( I'm guessing over the next 7 days and usually early afternoon when it happens). Right... This happens EVERY time an update is due. I have one word for people who cannot handle this process: Nexus. These are the only phones which get updates directly from Google, everything else is a waiting game (unless you root and ROM which is a whole other story). I'm eagerly awaiting this update like everyone else, my phones battery is awful on the current software build. I myself applaud O2 for bothering to update our phones (technically they don't have to) and am glad we haven't been given a lot of false hopes regarding release dates. This long delay has been due to HTC messing up this release. The One X is an awesome phone but next time I'll be looking at a Nexus or even Samsung. I am very happy with O2 as they provide a good service for mobile users as a whole. I shall now be pressing "check for updates"
Message 207 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guru has just stated that the One X isnt getting Jelly Bean. Just pushing for more information.

Message 208 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My goodness this forum is a good read! We every time an update is due its like the world is coming to an end. Here are there facts, HTC released this update ages ago, there were problems so they pulled it, it wasn't long ago that they re-released it (I'm sure someone could provide exact dates if needed). O2 no doubt have had the final code, re-wrote it here and there, tested it and have released it internally. The release goes back to HTC who then decide when the new build is sent to our phones ( I'm guessing over the next 7 days and usually early afternoon when it happens). Right... This happens EVERY time an update is due. I have one word for people who cannot handle this process: Nexus. These are the only phones which get updates directly from Google, everything else is a waiting game (unless you root and ROM which is a whole other story). I'm eagerly awaiting this update like everyone else, my phones battery is awful on the current software build. I myself applaud O2 for bothering to update our phones (technically they don't have to) and am glad we haven't been given a lot of false hopes regarding release dates. This long delay has been due to HTC messing up this release. The One X is an awesome phone but next time I'll be looking at a Nexus or even Samsung. I am very happy with O2 as they provide a good service for mobile users as a whole. I shall now be pressing "check for updates"

That's what people are annoyed about, the false info. They've been saying for the last week "It's been released, keep checking!" when it actually hasn't. HTC have also stated that it's up to o2 when it gets released.

I can wait another week. I can wait an extra month on top of unbranded phones receiving it first if o2 have to brand it. I can wait an unspecified amount of time longer if o2 says it's not right and has failed testing. It's the complete lack of information and totally false information that has annoyed everyone.

Message 209 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shazia: Hi Ashley

Shazia: This is Shazia, the Manager

Ashley Read: hi there

Shazia: I appreciate your patience while the chat was being transferred.

Ashley Read: thanks

Shazia: I understand you want to complain. Please allow me few minutes while I go through the chat conversation.

Ashley Read: thanks

Shazia: Thanks for waiting.

Ashley Read: ok

Shazia: I'm sorry Ashley, the Jelly bean isn't available for HTC One X, it's the manufacturer who makes it available for our customers and currently, they haven't made it available to our customers.

Shazia: I would suggest you contact HTC for details on when they'll make it available for O2 customers.

Ashley Read: HTC Pass the upgrade to yourselves, so you can put your flavour on top

Ashley Read: and then pass it back

Ashley Read: im really angry because your gurus cant give a definate answer

Ashley Read: nor your twitter people

Ashley Read: so i want something doing

Ashley Read: please

Shazia: Yes, they have given the update for HTC One X+ but not for the HTC One X.

Shazia: I've given you the right information that the Jelly bean update isn't available for your phone.

Message 210 of 356