cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable

info:
Welcome to O2. A Guru will be with you soon. 

We're really busy right now. Thanks for waiting. If you're after the latest information on the iPhone 5 please gohere 

Did you know you can find out your upgrade date by logging into MyO2 here. You can also do lots of other stuff like check your bill or change your tariff too.

info:
You're through to Guru Pauline.

Pauline:
Hi I'm Pauline. How can I help?

Phil:
Hi Pauline

Pauline:
Hello Phil

Phil:
I have a HTC One X with o2, I was wondering when the Jelly Bean update was being released? o2 seems to keep releasing conflicting information

Pauline:
Sure Phil.

Pauline:
I'll help you with the exact information. Please allow me a moment.

Phil:
Sometimes the information has been "No further information at this time" other times it's been "It's still in testing" and multiple times over the past few days they've said it's been released...

Phil:
For example this message an hour ago: https://twitter.com/O2/status/284608756069826560

Phil:
Thanks slight_smile

Pauline:
Thanks for waiting.

Pauline:
I've checked and you can  Upgrade to Android 4.1 Jellybean

Phil:
It says "No update available" and no one else has been able to get the update either...

Pauline:
Please go to Menu > Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now

Phil:
Yep, it says "Your phone is up to date. There are no updates available for your phone."

Pauline:
Is it HTC One x or One x+?

Phil:
HTC One X slight_smile

Phil:
o2 branded

Pauline:
Please try to restart the phone first and then try that steps.

Phil:
It's just restarting now....

Pauline:
Okay.

Phil:
Still says no updates available

Pauline:

Phil:
Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Phil:
That link doesn't work...

Pauline:
Let me check this with my technical team.

Phil:
Also, I understand that the update has been released for the One X if it's unbranded, but not if it's from o2....

Pauline:
Is it possible for you to call our technical team on 202 and I'll stay on chat with you.

Phil:
OK

Pauline:
Thanks.

Phil:
Just 202 now?

Phil:
Which options?

Pauline:
Yes, please speak to our customer service and they will transfer you to the technical team.

Pauline:
I haven't heard from you for a while.  Are you still there?

Phil:
Yep, just come off the phone. They said it's not released yet but should be by the end of the day.

Phil:
Thanks for your help.

Pauline:
Okay.

Pauline:
I am sorry for the trouble.

Pauline:
I appreciate your patience.

When I rang them the guy on the phone had a proper look and said "Oh, there is actually a notice here about it." and said that 5 HTC devices were due updates by o2 today, a few for Jellybean and a few for maintenance updates. So he said we should get it today. The whole misinformation going round has been a joke, anyone from o2 reading this needs to take note that this whole process should be reviewed and made more transparent.

Message 131 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quite unlikely they will release updates for 5 devices in a single day....
Message 132 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think this is the correct link she meant to give you.. to all it says for the one x is HTC released the update on 5 December..

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/
Message 133 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
On XDA people say they're getting the same replies(update will be out by the end of today). What strikes me most is that we had no replies from someone in O2, here on their official forum. I bet they would ban people if we start using offensive language though. Poor customer support is a consequence of having third party companies do this job. I have signal problems in my area and they don't admit it even after 5 months since the time i first called them. Paying premium price for not even half service. Next step... find a way to cancel both contracts with O2!
Message 134 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like Phil's (effloresce) information is at least partly correct, my missus has an O2-branded S3 running JB and has had yet another update OTA this morning. Remembering that post, I sat in bed trying to update my HOX for about 5mins. Still nothing. Looks like O2's customer support really isn't the problem...As long as you have a handset they can be bothered with!!!!
Message 135 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
The S3 update is for 4.1.2 Premium Suite. I guess that's where all the Tech Support Department's time and money has gone
Message 136 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Allegedly its being rolled out in "batches" now. See O2 Twitter feed.
Message 137 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read yesterday that it was being released in batches. I don't believe a f....... Word of o2's bs, if it were released in batches why have there been no reports of Any branded o2 handset getting it?
Thanks anyway
Message 138 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
My father is the only person I know that has a branded O2 htc one x that has had the JB update. He downloaded it Xmas day while we were in the pub. I tried to do the same but the phone wouldn't have any of it.
Message 139 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
If his cid is o2__001 this would be indeed a small ray of hope in what has been a total farce
Message 140 of 356