cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got it on my unbranded HTC_001
Message 71 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got it on my unbranded HTC_001

Nice1...

where is it for the 02__001 >;(

Message 72 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Confirmed also on my HTC__001
Message 73 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also got it on my HTC_001

Message 74 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it seems like the update is appearing on unbranded phones, has anyone got it on their branded o2 phones though, or have any idea when this is expected?

Message 75 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still have not received it on my Branded O2 phone, - talking to the "guru's" - they now state ""please be patient and it will be released soon - you will receive a notification when you can download it" but they still will not tell us an ETA

Message 76 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well so far o2 have released the updates about 2 weeks after HTC ... Which should technically be today but seems unbranded one x's are only just getting jelly bean...would be nice to get it before xmas 😞 lol
Message 77 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well so far o2 have released the updates about 2 weeks after HTC ... Which should technically be today but seems unbranded one x's are only just getting jelly bean...would be nice to get it before xmas 😞 lol

Really!  I seem to recall it took O2 flipping ages to add their screens and animation to ICS when it came out.  I know it ended up in a Twitter campaign on their account in the end to get their bums into gear.  Two weeks, two months more like!

Message 78 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only meant updates on the one x. Well 2-3 weeks ish.. o2 definitely seem to be the slowest tho they were first with the update to fix the screen issues.
My old htc desire didn't get updates for months and didn't even get gingerbread let alone ics.. I wonder if the one x will actually get the next major android os
Message 79 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

well.the news is that my wifes htc one x that i bought her from the car phone warehouse has got the update. but the htc one x i bought for myself from O2... nothing. still waiting.

i suppose the moral of this story is. dont by your handset from O2.

I'll have to remember this when upgrade time comes around.

Message 80 of 356