cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you do a manual check?
Message 41 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but today only through mobile network rather then wi-fi. Can someone co.firm that update is now available in UK unbranded phones. Thanks
Message 42 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked on my phone still no sign of it... 

Message 43 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another manual check... still no joy...

*twiddles thumbs and waits patiently*

Message 44 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is getting depressing... would we get it faster if we were to switch providers?

Message 45 of 356

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

i think the blame is securely at HTCs door.

Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 46 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to do with HTC. ALL UK carriers have been sent the final Jelly Bean update, and it is down to them to push it through to the customers. O2 are known to be quite slow with rolling out carrier branded Android updates (anybody remember the wait for the Samsung Galaxy S Froyo update, which Samsung released 3 months prior to it coming to the O2 handsets???).

Message 47 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, I should be getting the updated once I insert another Sim in my unbranded HOX?

Message 48 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had it confirmed by a mate that his unbranded HOX got JB yesterday CID HTC 00_1.

Message 49 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... the initial delay was with HTC after they pulled the initial update, but O2 have had the current release for a bit over 2 weeks now, so anytime now would be normal for the update to be released from O2.

(And yeah, I remember the Samsung Galaxy S Froyo update that just never came until it was too late... that was what made me root my Android phone and install a non-branded ROM.)

So far... I've been happy with the speed of HTC / O2 rolling out updates. Just hope it holds up!

Message 50 of 356