cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC M9 - TExts not visible for only 2 contacts - all others are okay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, hoping someone can help, I have the HTC M9 and for some reason since Tuesday I cannot see any texts I send or receive to/from 2 of my contacts, 1 being my Mum and the other my Husband -  I am able to text them and they receive them without any issues, but I cannot see the message once Ive sent it and if they reply I cannot see this either, I get a notification telling me I have a text message and when I go into messages either my Mum or Husband is highlighted as being the message sender, but when I open them, I can only see the last one sent on Tuesday - Im heading off abroad today and need to be able to text both of these contacts, Ive tried switching it off and on again, but still nothing, Ive browsed the forums and cant see anything with a similar issue, they both have Iphones however so does my son and daughter and there is no issue with them - any help greatly appreciated, thanks Elaine

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, they are not on the blocked list although sometimes I wish I could stick them on it, Ive actually managed to work out what Ive done (hangs head in shame) I had changed the system date on my phone to get extra lives on a game I was trying to complete and this has knocked my messages all out of sync, I have actually received the messages and can see the ones Ive sent, however I just have to scroll back through a few pages to find them, thanks for suggesting deleting old history as I would never have noticed them if i didnt go back a few pages.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
First thing to check is your blocked list although to be honest that doesn't sound like the problem.
Maybe try deleting their number and readding it to your contacts or even try deleting some old messages in case you have reached your limit of texts in a thread?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Yet another thread of someone not receiving texts from specific people. Quite a few this week. At first it looked like TuGo was to blame but I'm wondering whether this is more widespread than we think?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I honestly don't think this is the same. At least there is notification of a text but it's not visible in the thread.
Sounds more like a full text thread to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Yes, you're probably right @MI5, but there have been lots of text problem threads over the last week or so.Confused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, they are not on the blocked list although sometimes I wish I could stick them on it, Ive actually managed to work out what Ive done (hangs head in shame) I had changed the system date on my phone to get extra lives on a game I was trying to complete and this has knocked my messages all out of sync, I have actually received the messages and can see the ones Ive sent, however I just have to scroll back through a few pages to find them, thanks for suggesting deleting old history as I would never have noticed them if i didnt go back a few pages.

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Glad to hear you've solved your problem @Anonymous (at least with the phone:smileywink:) Enjoy your holiday.:smileyhappy:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bambino

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous I love it.....playing a game and knocking two of your contacts off the 'playing field' (as it were). LOL Gave me a good laugh this morning....Fantastic....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Glad you fixed it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10