cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC M9 Double tap to wake not working...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully my title tells it all.

I've gone into the correct setting (Settings > Display and gestures > Motion launch Gestures and enabled the first option, 'Double tap to wake up & sleep'), However, i cannot seem to get it to work.

It was working fine for a while then, just stopped, and, alas means i cant use my Dot View Case the way it was meant to be used.

I've also tried rebooting the phone with the option turned off, turned it on and rebooted again, i just cant seem to get it to work. 

I have checked that there isnt any problems with multi touch or anything like that and all 10 digits register fine.

I've also tried going back to the default 'Sense' launcher as i tend to use Nova Launcher with no luck.

When i have my case closed and hit the power button, i can still navigate the 3 screen with the case still closed. And for some reason double tap works there to turn the screen back off, but i cant seem to turn it on in the same fashion.

I'm pretty sure ive enabled / disabled something really obvious, but for the life of me, i cant figure out what it is, if anyone can help me get 'Double tap to wake up & sleep' working again, i would very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
You have to be holding the phone to use the wake function.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8/howto/464889.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You have to be holding the phone to use the wake function.

I just read that on one of the android forums. Someone also said it needed more than a gentle tap?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It actaully used to work with the phone on the desk, but ive tried holding it since i play music a lot when im out with my dog and to get this function working around would make life so much easier... i can switch tunes with one hand and throw a ball with the other.

Ive tried quite firmly double tapping and gently double tapping as i usually do, but, i figure that cant be the issue if i can power on the screen with the power button in dot view and back off with a double tap 100 percent of the time.

I took a read through the link too, no help there, unfortunately, and its nothing to do with a lock screen as i dont use one so that if anything happens, people can easilly get to my emergency medical details without issue, no matter how 'tech savvy' they are.

Thank you for the reply, however, much appreciated.

Hopefully someone out there knows a solution. 

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Sony Z3c did the same. Double tap worked brilliantly both on the desk and in hand and suddenly stopped. Couldn't get notifications to open from lock screen either. I did a power and volume soft reset and all working again. Worth a try.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, for some reason, this morning, the double tap to wake and sleep started working again, so, great new as i can use the case as intended, however, because i dont know what caused the problem in the first place, the chances are that ill run into said problem again.

Again, if anyone knows how this problem arose and a solution to it, hopefully itll get posted here and help someone else out.

Thank you again, everyone for your help, much appreciated.

Message 7 of 10

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I actually turned mine off on the M8 because it took, as others have said, more than a gentle tap to work. Yet it turned itself on no bother in my pocket lol. I realise you need it for the dot view, and from what you say, you have already tried the obvious culprits. Hope you get it sorted x
giphy-3
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, ill undoubtedly figure it out eventually and resurrect this topic, i just hope its before the m9 becomes obsolete and hopefully help anyone else with the same issue.

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Yes please keep us in the loop @Anonymous. From what I read on other forums and google, this seems to be a common problem. It would be good if we had some sort of solution on here (if possible) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10