cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC M8 charging problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the last week I've been having problems with the my phone charging, only seems to charge when my phone is switched off! It's only a year old. Tried various different chargers with no luck. Any suggestions? If it is switched on it displays that my phone is using to much power to charge! Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this with an M7, and thought it was the mini usb socket that you plug the lead into on the phone.  Small devices like phones have these mounted on the circuit board and sometimes with wear they loosen.  I was able to try a different lead which worked ok after that.

Regarding the "not enough power to charge"  I have seen this with quite a few smart phones and tablets.  If you use a proper charger things seem to ok.  If you use one of these 2xUSB plug to 13amains plug adapter devices we get that message too in fact SWMBO is going through that at the moment  which has been resolved by her using the Kindle charger.

I am lucky as I have an HTC charger which was supplied with a previous phone before HTC stopped supplying chargers and this works fine

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Sounds like a faulty charge port or charge circuit.
You have a 2 year warranty so I'd contact HTC to get it repaired.

http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this with an M7, and thought it was the mini usb socket that you plug the lead into on the phone.  Small devices like phones have these mounted on the circuit board and sometimes with wear they loosen.  I was able to try a different lead which worked ok after that.

Regarding the "not enough power to charge"  I have seen this with quite a few smart phones and tablets.  If you use a proper charger things seem to ok.  If you use one of these 2xUSB plug to 13amains plug adapter devices we get that message too in fact SWMBO is going through that at the moment  which has been resolved by her using the Kindle charger.

I am lucky as I have an HTC charger which was supplied with a previous phone before HTC stopped supplying chargers and this works fine

Message 3 of 3