Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC HD7 switching between bands

It's handy to know what features use what frequency for example, I went to the US last month and left the data roaming and Wi Fi options enabled - I ran up a bill of almost £100 for four days, not just on data but texts too.
A couple of slightly o/t questions if I may;
1. If I switch off data and roaming will the phone still 'roam' to find a carrier in the US for voice calls only, also will emails still come through on 2G?
2. If I switch off data and roaming but leave Wi Fi on will it find my US office network or will it not even begin searching of it?
Is there a table or reference anywhere for what does what?
Ta,
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

Yes to both but I would only switch the wifi on when you want to use it. Constantly on will mean it's continually searching for wifi connections and will be a burden on your battery.
Also make sure you switch off voicemail before you leave the UK, the way it is routed means you will be charged silly rates if someone leaves you a message.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers for that, so just to clarify emails will still come through with roaming and data switched off overseas?
If its coming through on the 2G voice is it still classed as data, sorry to be pedantic on this but I never seem to get a clear answer when researching myself.
btw, switching off the 3G option has made a huge difference, the phone works normally with no missed calls, in addition the battery life has doubled to around two days.
Could this be something to recommend to O2 customer support?
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

If data roaming is off unless in wifi coverage abroad no emails will come through as cell data is blocked 2g/3G
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks again Adam,
As I mentioned in my post about researching the subject it may not be clear to users, indeed two replies from knowledgeable posters with different answers to the same question.