Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Desire access to the Cloud and BT Openzone

OK lurpak - but let's be clear - I have certainly been sold a tariff with clear confirmation that it includes both Cloud AND BTOpenzone access both verbally and in writing from O2 directly.
If I do not get Openzone on my Desire than this contract has clearly and unequivocally been mis-sold.

Only pointing out what's on the website m8.

Clearly you havebeen told and have evidence that you were told you could use it on BT Openzone, so it's up to you how you want to progress it. Obviosuly they can't make an exception and let your Desire alone connect to WiFi so you may want to cancel your contract or look for some kind of compensation?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not that het up about it - my guess is that they'll bow to the pressure of non iphone users who want / expect it as part of the bolt on they bought before too long.
Highlighted
Anonymous

anyone got an update on this please?

Especially openzone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The Cloud works. The best way to sort that is to raise a ticket with TheCloud (see earlier in this thread).

O2 rang me back the other day and said that the HTC Desire is being accredited as we speak. It should be able to connect by the 30th June 2010 (I couldn't today). If it can't, then O2 will then be able to escalate the problem to BT Openzone.

So keep hassling them.

Once I've got access, I intend asking for some sort of rebate for the period without wifi as they haven't kept to their side of the bargain.

Hope that helps

--
Andy
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 rang me back the other day and said that the HTC Desire is being accredited as we speak. It should be able to connect by the 30th June 2010 (I couldn't today). If it can't, then O2 will then be able to escalate the problem to BT Openzone.
Andy

Thanks for the update Andy.
Highlighted
Anonymous

great update Andy, thanks. Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Anonymous

Any update?

Keeping this in people's minds...... any update on Desire openzone access with a iphone simplicity sim? :robotindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Got onto BT Openzone home page on Monday but still require username & password to use.
Any further news?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Update

I spoke to O2 this morning and was told that the HTC Desire has now been accredited to work on The Cloud.

Unfortunately BT hasn't given permission for the handset to work on their OpenZone network, which is exclusively for O2 Palm Pre and iPhone at the moment. They couldn't give a reason for this. They said that they are working on the problem, but weren't able to give me a timescale or any guarantee that the Desire would ever be able to connect.

I'll chase BT and post an update if I get anywhere.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Misleading sales representative

I just finished an on-line live chat session with an O2 representative. Here is a part of the conversation:

Chris: Welcome to O2. What brings you here today?
You: I am considering buying an HTC Desire together with a 24-month smart phone tariff. I have specific question regarding the unlimited Wi-Fi element of it
You: One of the most appealing features of the tariff for me is being able to use my handset at Wi-Fi hotspots.
Chris: Ok no worries, fire away.
You: Can you give me more details on this please? Which hotspots and so on
Chris: Ok you can use the wi-fi to any hot spot in your area, either BT openzone or the cloud, all you will need to do is enter your phone number when asked for a passkey and you can browse the internet on the go without affecting your data allowance
Chris: How does that sound?
You: It sounds good, but I'm concerned. I have heard reports that specifically HTC Desire users have trouble accessing those hot spots, which is why I'm making sure to clarify it.
Chris: OK no worries.;
You: I wouldn't want to buy a handset just to find that I can't actually use it at those hotspots.
Chris: I can assure that the HTC Desire can access all the hot spots any other hand set can.
You: Do you know anything about Desire users having any temporary or long-term issues with using those wifi hotspots?
You: ok
Chris: I have heard nothing to be honest, I have heard more issues with iPhone users having difficulty
Chris: Which tariff were you looking to get that phone on?

and so on. The conversation then proceeds on to other subjects. It's quite disconcerting that they are still not giving correct information to new customers.