Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Desire access to the Cloud and BT Openzone

I have for the 1st time tried to log onto BT Openzone
The 1st page i get is username & password & buying options on BT homepage Smiley Indifferent
I contacted O2 & was given my username & password & a link to O2 webpage
to change my password to something i can remember
Is this normal or have i been given the wrong info :robotindifferent:

Wrong info. They will have given you a username/password to log in to the o2 site. Nothing to do with BT Openzone.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

When connecting to the valid type of openzone all that is required is the mobile phone number on a dedicated o2 login page and then only the first time you login.
If you change handset later say as a fault replacement or insurance you need to reset your mac using the form on the o2 website https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26 or texting wifi to 2121
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

The 1st page i get is username & password & buying options on BT homepage Smiley Indifferent

Wrong info. They will have given you a username/password to log in to the o2 site. Nothing to do with BT Openzone.

When connecting to the valid type of openzone all that is required is the mobile phone number on a dedicated o2 login page and then only the first time you login.
If you change handset later say as a fault replacement or insurance you need to reset your mac using the form on the o2 website https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26 or texting wifi to 2121

Thanks
I had a feeling either customer service misunderstood me or
had no idea what i was talking about.
I will try again after resetting my Mac
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem with OpenZone(and I think the cloud). I've tried changing the UAString as mentioned above (but not the factory reset method).
I just get to the openzone splash page with no o2 buttons in sight. Pretty annoying!
For the cloud, I had used previously, but this time got redirected to the cloud splash, there was an o2 button available, but when I entered in my phone number just got an error message saying to contact o2 support (which given the response above seems a waste of time!)
I've requested a mac reset not convinced this is gonna work! Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks
I had a feeling either customer service misunderstood me or
had no idea what i was talking about.
I will try again after resetting my Mac

Just tried again today & got BTOpenzone webpage, from there i chose
O2 from the dropdown choices, entered my mobile number & it just hung/froze
didnt do anything, did once get error about not being able to complete login :robotsad: :robotmad:
Highlighted

wadee48

Again that is the wrong landing page you should just get a blue o2 branded page just asking for your number
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

wadee48

Again that is the wrong landing page you should just get a blue o2 branded page just asking for your number

Thanks
I have tried several around town & all say BTOpenzone when searching even
in a BTOpenzone Hotspot so how do i know which is the right one im connecting to :robotindifferent:
Or just try & connect to all of them until i get the page you have stated
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
http://www.o2.co.uk/support/broadbandin ... sshotspots
check where your nearest is and go there.
Apple Watch series 4

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem with OpenZone(and I think the cloud). I've tried changing the UAString as mentioned above (but not the factory reset method).
I just get to the openzone splash page with no o2 buttons in sight. Pretty annoying!
For the cloud, I had used previously, but this time got redirected to the cloud splash, there was an o2 button available, but when I entered in my phone number just got an error message saying to contact o2 support (which given the response above seems a waste of time!)
I've requested a mac reset not convinced this is gonna work! Smiley Indifferent

I did the MAC reset and tried to log onto a cloud hotspot last night (in Wetherspoons). It asked for my mobile number and when I entered this I got a message saying "your tariff does not include wifi, please contact customer support". My tariff does include wifi so I haven't got the slightest idea what to do next. No point ringing customer service after all the comments on here!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Having complained about this again I'm now only paying £1 a month for the data bolt-on. Which seems a bit much given that I'm 1 mile line-of-sight from the O2 mast in a rural area and am receiving a data transfer rate of 11kbits/sec.