Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC Desire access to the Cloud and BT Openzone

I've got the unlimited data bolt on giving me access to Cloud and BT Openzone access points but I cannot get them to work. What's the secret of getting access? Customer service can't sort it out. For example, when I'm within range of the Cloud, the Desire connects the Wifi to it OK but when I browse to a web page, I get a Cloud landing page. I press the O2 customer button which takes me to a page where I enter my mobile phone number. After a while, the page comes back saying:

Sorry you are unable to register more devices to your Wireless LAN service. If you get this message again please contact O2 Customer Service on the number on your O2 bill. If you are an O2 Mobile Broadband customer, please ensure you have entered the mobile phone number we supplied with your USB modem. You will find this on your Mobile Broadband bill.

Well, I've contacted Customer service untold number of times and they keep resetting my MAC but to no avail. I've reset my MAC myself by sending wifi to 2121 many times as well. Still I get the message about being unable to register more devices.

So has anyone managed to connect to the Cloud and browse the web successfully? And BT Openzone? If so, what's the secret?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've got the same problem and can't connect to the cloud either. Tried wifi to 2121, waited an hour like I was told and then got a slightly different landing page but still got the "cannot connect another device" message when i entered my number.

Am using an old SIM last in a Nokia 5800, don't think I ever used it on wifi before though.

Also, I got told that you can only connect to BT Openzone with an iPhone, not a desire.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Thanks for confirming it's not just me! I've never accessed the Cloud or BT Openzone previously from any device. I did have the SIM card in a previous phone though.

Being involved in IP networks as part of my work, I suspect that the MAC address being supplied to the Cloud/BT Openzone by O2 is not my Wifi's MAC address but something to do with my SIM. I could be wrong: it's just a guess. That could be why the page is saying "cannot connect another device". I just need to talk to the right person within O2!

I've been told that I should be able to connect to both the Cloud and BT Openzone by customer services and that my account is set up correctly.

Searching the web, I've discovered other people having the same issue:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/715 ... ud-o2.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/htc-mobi ... st12166092

I've opened a case with the Cloud too to try and tackle this from their end.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem! Still no solution by CS or technical help. I understand that for some reason, the unlimited wifi bolt-on only gives access to the Cloud for non-iphone users, and not to the cloud and btopenzone. (Seems ludicrous to me).

Saying that, I also can't access the cloud from my HTC Desire. Have a simplicity tariff with added wifi bolt-on. Have never used my o2 number to access the cloud before, and only started when I got my HTC Desire.

I also get teh message that I can't register another device to the wireless LAN. Texting wifi to 2121 many times ahve not made a difference. O2 CS have also tried sending their own reset form, but it makes no difference. Haven't had any call backs from O2, and keep having to call to ask, but just get put through the whole thing right from the beginning every time...

This is becoming a rather serious issue.

Does O2 have a solution or are they working on it?

I know I am not the only with this issue!
Highlighted
Anonymous

help

Same Here.

iPhone for Simplicty rolling 30 day contract, with SIM now in an unlocked HTC Desire.

Everything else works a treat, but can't access both Cloud and more importantly Openzone, even though i'm paying for them.

Both worked fine on my iPhone. Tried 2121 etc, but no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have exactly the same problems but on a simfree HD2 .. I swapped to sim ownly contract last week and got the web n wifi thrown in cant access cloud in local wetherspoons :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Still no resolution to the problem. Have tried resetting via the web form, but still having the same error message.

Still have not heard back from technical help.

So the internet and wifi bolt-on is being advertised as for btopenzone and cloud, but you are only told it is actually only for the cloud after you run into difficulties, and then also can't actually connect to the cloud. Very misleading. Also seems that non-iphone users with 02 are getting a bad deal!

I do hope that someone from O2 responds and better still, fixes the problem. Otherwise, I can see people leaving the network and complaining to Ofcom.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'll add my voice to this one. Paying for WiFi access on simplicity tariff but unable to access BTOpenzone or Cloud.

Spent hours on the phone but Customer Services clueless and advise that it "should work" - but it doesn't.

Was sold this tariff specifically for my Desire and I expect to get what I'm paying for!

Answers without delay please O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I note someone in androidforums.com posting this from O2 T&Cs:

"The Wi-Fi Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On allows you unlimited use of The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network (and for iPhone users the use of the BT Openzone Wireless LAN network) for personal internet use via your mobile phone. "

If this is the case and has not been subsequently changed then I was certainly mis-sold this product and still expect an explanation from O2.

Would further suggest that this topic becomes a petition to get them to stop penalising non iphone customers on their free / bolt-on WiFi.

Frankly, without BTOpenzone access this is worthless to me - I still haven't come across a "Cloud" connection in my 3 weeks with the device.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've still not got access to the Cloud or BT Openzone. I've had a response to my support request from the Cloud - they're looking into it. Whether that's because I've been hassling O2, I don't know. I went into O2 Bracknell store yesterday and spoke to and demonstrated the problem to a helpful and knowledgeable member of staff (the O2 store has a Cloud hotspot). He spent a long time on the phone to James. He took details of IP address and MAC address. We went through many procedures (disconnecting WiFi, resetting the phone etc). Still to no avail. They've escalated it to the "performance team". I was promised a callback by lunchtime today but noone has: I'll be revisiting the Bracknell store tomorrow.

What I have discovered is that you need the time, the hotspot location, the IP address and the MAC address. You should call 2302 (the iphone team) rather than 202.

BTW the member of staff in the Bracknell store said I should have access to both the Cloud and BT Openzone as have ALL customer service staff I've spoken to. He was browsing the forums whilst he was on the phone and there was talk of only Cloud access but he pointed out they were posted last year.