cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire X and set up to 02 Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I transferred by PAYG contract to an 02 contract a couple of days ago.  I received a new HTC Desire X phone yesterday.  I did as instructed and charged the phone.  I then requested the transfer of my mobile number which duly took place.  I am now left with a phone which I find I cannot navigate.  There were no instructions about set up when switching on, no instruction booklet with the phone.  I have downloaded a 181 page pdf instruction manual but this assumes a familiarity the the phone and with smart phones in general.  I cannot even navigate correctly to the area where I can send texts or save contacts.

If I take the phone to an 02 shop will they reset to factory settings and help me start again.  I am at a total loss and wish I had never changed contract.  Can I cancel my contract within a cooling off period.  I am desperate as I need my phone to communicate with a family member caring for an ill relative.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

If you've never had a smartphone before, the learning curve can be pretty steep. If you run into problems, there are some very learned people on this forum who will be able to help you. You also now have your local O2 shop as backup.

If you can take some time, go through your manual and try to learn what you can. If you get stumped, come back here and ask a question. Good luck, and enjoy your new phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have seven working days to change your mind.

It's a standard Android phone so there is a lot of help here in the forum.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  However, I think it would be better if someone physically shows me the basics.  Would they do this at an 02 shop?

Message 3 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Yes, I'm sure they would help you setting it up.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.  Heading off to nearest one now.

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

You will get the help you needed at the O2 store. Once you have been showed the basics you will soon get the hang of it.

Message 6 of 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know how you get on. slight_smile

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now home and I know how to text and make calls!  A very helpful guy in my local 02 shop was very patient with me and showed me exactly what to do.  He also managed to import all my contacts from my old Nokia phone!  He has set up a better keypad for me as I am having trouble using a touch screen.  He also was able to disable the predictive text which I detest.  He said once I was more proficient I should pop back and he will help with the apps.

A very successful outcome.  Thanks to those who took the trouble to reply to me.

Message 8 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

If you've never had a smartphone before, the learning curve can be pretty steep. If you run into problems, there are some very learned people on this forum who will be able to help you. You also now have your local O2 shop as backup.

If you can take some time, go through your manual and try to learn what you can. If you get stumped, come back here and ask a question. Good luck, and enjoy your new phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Give it a couple of weeks and you will be an android expert! I too have switched off predictive text, too many friends and family getting complete nonsensical messages:smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 13