cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire X and set up to 02 Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I transferred by PAYG contract to an 02 contract a couple of days ago.  I received a new HTC Desire X phone yesterday.  I did as instructed and charged the phone.  I then requested the transfer of my mobile number which duly took place.  I am now left with a phone which I find I cannot navigate.  There were no instructions about set up when switching on, no instruction booklet with the phone.  I have downloaded a 181 page pdf instruction manual but this assumes a familiarity the the phone and with smart phones in general.  I cannot even navigate correctly to the area where I can send texts or save contacts.

If I take the phone to an 02 shop will they reset to factory settings and help me start again.  I am at a total loss and wish I had never changed contract.  Can I cancel my contract within a cooling off period.  I am desperate as I need my phone to communicate with a family member caring for an ill relative.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well done, you'll be helping out here soon! slight_smile

Enjoy your new phone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie, i hope that wasn't anything to do with new year & drink lol

agree with other posts on here, a big learning curve for your first smart phone, a few weeks playing with it and you'll be fine.

my girl friend has just ordered this phone last night, she didn't want a big phone, so this is more or less the same size as my old desire she's using just now on a £20 PAYG/month, now she'll be on this for £15.50/pm, boost

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Jonsie, i hope that wasn't anything to do with new year & drink lol

It certainly didn't helpSmiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 13