cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire C stuck on 'loading...' when I try to view texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I go onto messages and click on a text to view, the screen says loading and has done for about an hour. I have tried restarting the messages app, restarting my phone, taking the battery and sim out and then restarting phone. I can receive text messages I just can't view them, therefore can't reply. It happened very suddenly, was texting away perfectly fine and then it just started playing up. Everything else on my phone is in full working order. Can anyone tell me why this may be happening?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you recently update the software/firmware or anything like that? (I heard a few things about Jellybean causing a few messaging problems.. but I'm not sure if that has been released for the Desire C)

If it doesn't resolve itself I'd be inclined to back everything up with HTC Sync Manager program on a PC and then try doing a factory reset of the handset. A bit of a nuisance.. I know, but if it's an underlying software issue that's the only thing that is likely to clear it up.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Go into settings >manage applications >all and find your message app in the list. Open the app settings and choose clear data and clear cache. I suspect the cache is full preventing you from opening the app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that as well, no luck 😞 The cache was only 852kb so no where near full.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do the same for some other apps. The cache size was the size for that app not the whole of the cache size. Or you can use an app to clear out everything for you https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazinga.cacheclean&feature=search_result#?t=W251bG...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you recently update the software/firmware or anything like that? (I heard a few things about Jellybean causing a few messaging problems.. but I'm not sure if that has been released for the Desire C)

If it doesn't resolve itself I'd be inclined to back everything up with HTC Sync Manager program on a PC and then try doing a factory reset of the handset. A bit of a nuisance.. I know, but if it's an underlying software issue that's the only thing that is likely to clear it up.

Message 5 of 5