Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Desire 2.3 Gingerbread update

Defo had some German stuff. If you install a replacement launcher a seperate nav app appears in the app drawer but you can't use it. It's hidden in Sense, but still on the phone.

So it is non-Sense, as it were Smiley Wink

Baddum-tsh!
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's now available.

You have to install it like the 2.2 RUU that I posted back then, no other choice.
http://developer.htc.com/
By the way this means you will lose everything if you install it.
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

It's now available.

You have to install it like the 2.2 RUU that I posted back then, no other choice.

That's not a particularly user friendly update then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's now available.

Well they did say they weren't gonna do it, its a there you have it update, our phone is finished.
As I upgraded to 2.2 it doesn't really bother me, you lose your apps and texts but the phone did that to me early in by itself lol
Highlighted

It's now available.

Well they did say they weren't gonna do it, its a there you have it update, our phone is finished.
As I upgraded to 2.2 it doesn't really bother me, you lose your apps and texts but the phone did that to me early in by itself lol

So you're saying that this update is it? No OTA through O2? If I don't have a rooted phone I can't get the update? If this is how HTC treat their customers, by making my phone obsolete after just a little more than a year, I will think long and hard about buying another HTC phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

So you're saying that this update is it? No OTA through O2? If I don't have a rooted phone I can't get the update? If this is how HTC treat their customers, by making my phone obsolete after just a little more than a year, I will think long and hard about buying another HTC phone.

The Update works on any phone, in a way it actually 'debrands' the phone, but has the O2 Internet settings inside. As there is currently nothing past Gingerbread for phones its not exactly obsolete, just this is it!
Highlighted

Have you done the update, and if so, is it worth it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've done it, it's worth it as it should be more efficient, seems smooth. Is no reason not to.
Highlighted

I've done it, it's worth it as it should be more efficient, seems smooth. Is no reason not to.

Losing everything on my phone is a good reason not to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Texts and Angry Birds Levels, what else?