Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Desire 2.3 Gingerbread update

Bummer indeed. Ways and means though if you are willing to root and flash a custom ROM. I have vanilla android 2.3 on mine and it runs sweetly. There are also custom ROMs that have Sense integrated so not sure how essentially amateur devs can do it but HTC themselves can't. But then amateur devs have an interest in keeping the phone up to date and the manufacturer has other interests........

I don't think there is any prohibition on posting links - I de-branded my phone using info/links posted in here. So post away - I would be interested in knowing what is involved. I'm sure that others would be interested too.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I wonder if they stopped trying for exactly my second reason, they would rather us go and buy a phone that is already out, so they are not killing themselves to get it to fit.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I wonder if they stopped trying for exactly my second reason, they would rather us go and buy a phone that is already out, so they are not killing themselves to get it to fit.

I think you are probably right on the money there. Desire S is out on the streets, so why sweat making the old model work better.
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

Very disappointing news.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

I don't think there is any prohibition on posting links - I de-branded my phone using info/links posted in here. So post away - I would be interested in knowing what is involved. I'm sure that others would be interested too.

Guess I can't post links, or at least to the useful downloads, cos five minutes ago I posted one on the other thread and now it's gone!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Guess I can't post links, or at least to the useful downloads, cos five minutes ago I posted one on the other thread and now it's gone!

Hmmm...that's new behaviour.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The statement makes no sense at all :robotsurprised:
The HTC Wildfire S has 512MB of ROM and 512MB of RAM and a 600Mhz CPU yet is happily running Android 2.3 with Sense 2.1
HOWEVER
The HTC Desire which has 512MB of ROM and 576MB of RAM and a 1Ghz CPU cannot upgrade to Android 2.3 because it does not have enough memory?!?
Are HTC not being truthful? Or are these false rumours which are being spread?
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

The statement makes no sense at all :robotsurprised:
The HTC Wildfire S has 512MB of ROM and 512MB of RAM and a 600Mhz CPU yet is happily running Android 2.3 with Sense 2.1
HOWEVER
The HTC Desire which has 512MB of ROM and 576MB of RAM and a 1Ghz CPU cannot upgrade to Android 2.3 because it does not have enough memory?!?
Are HTC not being truthful? Or are these false rumours which are being spread?

Unfortunately I don't think it's a rumour. It seems to be all over the net. Only took me a second to Google it and find it on three or four sites.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

They have just announced they are going to update it after all.
They also refered to yesterday's announcement, U-Turn anything to do with the SE X10 showing off videos of it running 2.3....
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
What a difference a day makes:
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... ommentform
Thats a faster U-turn than most politicians manage!