Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

Re: HTC Desire 2.3 Gingerbread update

[ Edited ]
I can see what you mean about the new Samsung Nexus. It looks very interesting, especially with Android 4.0 http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... al-1034837
I'm also intrigued with the imminent release of the new Motorola Razr. The spec looks amazing. Only drawback is that it is being released with Android 2.3.5, which might be a dealbreaker. http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... uk-1034923
The problem with both phones is that if you want to buy either SIM free upon their releases in November, they will both cost the earth.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I've already lost my Unlimited data anyway, O2 messed that up in February and I've been chasing money for my data charges on a regular basis, so to be fair I was paying the new rates for a few months anyway.
Hopefully CPW will stock it on Contract, that way I'd get a SIM Free version of the Galaxy Nexus, but not have to pay out all that money at once. Really can't go through another 18 months of upgrade hell.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I like the look od the RAZR, but without Android 4.0 I would just be waiting from the beginning! Was waiting on what HTC had for us, but all I see is beats by Dre Phones on Gingerbread. They haven't even been released yet on 02 so god knows when they will have a Ice Cream sandwich phone.
Highlighted

I like the look od the RAZR, but without Android 4.0 I would just be waiting from the beginning! Was waiting on what HTC had for us, but all I see is beats by Dre Phones on Gingerbread. They haven't even been released yet on 02 so god knows when they will have a Ice Cream sandwich phone.

I just read an article that said the RAZR will be getting Android 4.0 early in the first quarter of 2012, so I think I'll hold on to my Desire until at least then. As with all new phones, both the new Nexus and the RAZR are bound to have bugs. Hopefully by Jan/Feb those bugs will be ironed out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

I suppose by breaking my phone I lost that advantage of waiting. but to be fair if you have to wait to long, you might as well have been on a 2 year contract. Android 4.0 does it for me, Updated Androidness, but with the best bits from WebOS and the current look of a Windows phone 7 (I have a go on a HTC Titan and the main thing that stood out was how bright and new it looked), yes maybe New Sense would do that, but I am not waiting and then getting bugs then, might as well ride them out with the Galaxy Nexus. RAZR will sell though no doubt about it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As with all new phones, both the new Nexus and the RAZR are bound to have bugs. Hopefully by Jan/Feb those bugs will be ironed out.

The Bugs might be, but will O2 have pushed the updates?!! lol
Highlighted

As with all new phones, both the new Nexus and the RAZR are bound to have bugs. Hopefully by Jan/Feb those bugs will be ironed out.

The Bugs might be, but will O2 have pushed the updates?!! lol

I know what you're saying, and I'm in total agreement. O2's history of rolling out Android updates has been less than exemplary. The Desire updates were slow and buggy, and had to be re-issued, and the problems with people waiting for the SE Xperia updates go on and on. I am, however, prepared to wait, as my tariff still has unlimited data, and I have no intention of losing that. If I have to, I will buy a SIM free phone, but I'd rather wait and try to get a decent price on a phone from O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I think I'm getting old, browsing loads of forums to god know when in the morning, translating twitter feeds from german engineers and jumping through hoops to get a 6 month old update is just something I shouldn't be doing anymore!
Plus I watched this and saw the full screen video.

Link: http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 4379917001
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
I think I'm getting old, browsing loads of forums to god know when in the morning, translating twitter feeds from german engineers and jumping through hoops to get a 6 month old update is just something I shouldn't be doing anymore!
Plus I watched this and saw the full screen video.

Link: http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 4379917001

Looks like a very impressive phone. I don't have 500 quid to chuck around for one, though.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2